Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fifth Firefighter passes away

blackcloud75
    Ultimate sacrifice....................godspeed
    San Bernardino N.F. Engine 57 Support
    Memorial Service for Fallen Firefighters
    October 31, 2006 -- The San Bernardino National Forest has been working closely with the families of the fallen firefighters to help arrange private funerals for each. A public memorial service honoring the firefighters is also planned.
    Details for the public memorial service are as follows:
    Date: Sunday, November 5, 2006 at 1:00pm
    2575 Glen Helen Parkway, Devore, CA 92407
    Further details of the memorial service will follow this week.
    Engine 57 Support Information - A public and media phone number is established at the San Bernardino National Forest Supervisor's Office for issues related to the fallen and injured firefighters and the employees of San Bernardino National Forest. The number is 909-383-5501. Information Center hours are from 6am until 10pm.
    Highway 243 is closed to the public.
    Family Support - Family support is established with each of the five firefighters' families. The support groups consist of a family liaison, a chaplain, a public information officer, a logistics person, and other support as needed. The group dedicated to each family helps them determine their preferences regarding funeral arrangements and other decisions as they arise.
    Donations - Donations in the form of financial and other forms of support continue to be received. Key foundations for financial donations are:
    The Esperanza Firefighter Assistance Fund at:
    P.O. Box 1645, Riverside, CA, 92502
    Phone: 915-955-1010
    Wildland Firefighters Foundation at www.wffoundation.org
    California Fire Foundation at www.cpf.org
    The Forest Service Volunteer Association has established an account for direct cash donations.
    Riverside County Fire Department at myfoxla.com
    Also, there have been many generous donations made from firefighter strike teams and from cash donations received at the hospital.
    Food or clothing donations will be more difficult to handle and callers should be encouraged to donate funds through the web sites. For other specific requests, please contact the Engine 57 support team at 909-383-5501.
    Card and letters to families - Family support people are working with the families how they would like to receive cards or letters.

topless
    My coworkers son was in the academy with him and were good friends. He is devestated. Prayers from me and mine to him and his family as well as the others who have died in this tragedy.

a catered life
    to all the guys who lost their lives: thank you for risking your life to preserve my personal items and the lives of my family members..there are no words can convey the true feeling when someone gives more for you than you give to yourself ...god bless all the remaining family members that must deal with this lose...RIP :cry:

Debbolas
    Very sad
    God Bless

Flyinbowtie
    RIP
    No words for things like this, other than that I pray for the families left behind, and hope that the suspect(s) are hooked, charged with murder, and dealt with appropriately.

MsDrmr
    this is too sad for words......They have a few people as suspects, but somehow, that just does not dull the pain.
    Prayers to all the family left behind.

SHOTKALLIN
    he was a hell of a fighter to hang in there as long as he did. RIP

Phat Al
    Poor guy, I heard on the news he was only 23.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12