Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 460 Question

Squirtin Thunder
    Can you run a box with the RTR dists, but then why would you need to do that with a stocker ???

Konabud
    Can you run a box with the RTR dists, but then why would you need to do that with a stocker ???
    My thinking is that with a carborated big block long periods of ideling (which happens all the time with me) will cause the motor to load up. The multi spark below 3000 RPM should help alot with that. My fishing boat was fuel injected so it wasn't an issue, I could literally idel all day long (troll) with no problem. Not that I will be trolling with this boat but we seem to do alot of sight seeing around the shoreline (buzzing Bill Gates place or cruising the ship canal with a 6 mph speed limit) and stuff like that. The reason I wanted to run an RTR dist was if the box went tits I could rehook to get back on the dist only. The rev limiter was just for safety sake.

LakesOnly
    100-105.With oil.
    LO

LakesOnly
    Thanks, now if they'd just send me the right oil pump I'd be in business!I've got performance prepped oil pumps that are outstanding for jet boats. Front sump & rear sump. They have all kinds of mods executed inside so as to improve flow characteristics, come with an optional high pressure shim kit and a few pages of very detailed instructions. Customers also get a link to a webpage that outlines several simple but effective block oiling mods. Both front and rear sump pumps are in stock. PM me if interested.
    LO

LakesOnly
    M84BHVS is the meling part number............rear pick that bolts to the side of the oil pump. yep thats it been there done that...........The Melling M84BHV is a front sump (Cobra Jet style) oil pump, not a rear load pump. The rear-loading (truck pump) part number is M84DHV.
    Incidentally, the "S" in M84BHV-S" stands for "screen" because the box in which the oil pump comes also has a front sump pickup screen included...pump is technically an M84BHV. Please excuse my anal retentativeness to the part number dealio.
    LO
    p.s. You need to determine which pump your rear sump pickup was designed for because some jet boat pan makers offer pickups for both types of pumps.

LakesOnly
    I also run 5 torque seqences on heads and mains. Some people say no need but I do it everytime.ST, it was a long time ago, but I once read a very interesting article in Machine Design News, titled "Bolt Torque, Getting It Right." In this study, one of things evaluated was stepped up sequential bolt torque scenarios, and it was observed that fewer steps (rather than a greater number of steps resulting in smaller incremental torque increases) resulted in better, more uniform overall torque results. Based on this, I'd recommend you stick with the manufacturer's three-step torque sequence rather than stepping up slightly less by way of more sequences.
    LO

Konabud
    The pickup for my pan (Mil 31365) uses the M84BHV pump (they sent me a BHVS), you evidently discard the front pickup that comes with it (or they didn't have just the pump). The M84DHV pump has a bottom rather that a side discharge (or about 45 deg) which my pickup (Milodon 18481) requires. They sent me the M84DHV first, it woudn't work. Wahoo they finally sent the right one today!! Fits right up! I guess they make another pickup tube that works with the M84DHV.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/3112Tag.JPG

Squirtin Thunder
    check your pms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12