Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Light layup Stoker?

Tom Brown
    Is there a Stoker outboard drag hull? If so, how lightly can it be laid up?

yomama
    Is there a Stoker outboard drag hull? If so, how lightly can it be laid up?
    I'm also curious what the range of weights are for the 20SST's......complete boat less fuel....

HavasuDreamin'
    I am pretty sure there are no light layup Stokers aside from old ex mod-vp racers. You may come across one of those, but from what I understand, Al Stoker is pretty paticular about how his boats leave the shop.
    HD

yomama
    I am pretty sure there are no light layup Stokers aside from old ex mod-vp racers. You may come across one of those, but from what I understand, Al Stoker is pretty paticular about how his boats leave the shop.
    HD
    Larry...aka Stoker100 from Scream & Fly claims to have a 600+ lb hull....don't know if it was a former race boat.

RitcheyRch
    My buddies Stoker is the light lay-up hull. Not sure what the weight is. Apparently the original owner even wanted the small fuel tanks to keep the weight down. Normally they have 15 gallon tanks on each side and his has 10 gallon tanks.

yomama
    My buddies Stoker is the light lay-up hull. Not sure what the weight is. Apparently the original owner even wanted the small fuel tanks to keep the weight down. Normally they have 15 gallon tanks on each side and his has 10 gallon tanks.
    Previous owner of mine said 15gal/side capacity....in reality only 12.5gal....
    Could use the extra 5 gals with the thirsty Merc.
    My hull and motor....w/o fluids is supposedly 1600 lbs......per Al.

Stoker22
    Specific drag boat no the boat was not designed for drag racing. We can however lay them up at different weights using different materials. A standad totally bare no carpet tanks etc weighs about 825, old mod vp race boats were right at 500 but the decks were really thin, a low to mid 600 pound hull is not a problem with todays materials.

You Te
    Tom, I know a guy with a 20' Stoker, I was told the bare hull weight was around 650 LBS.

DUCKY
    There is one in Havasu (some of you guys know who I am talking about) that is approx a 600lb Carbon/Kevlar layup. You-te and I are probably referring to the same guy. Lets just say you have to know Al pretty well, or give the lam crew at Eliminator a lot of beer to get one built like that...

Stoker22
    Actually we offer that lay up on all models now.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast