Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cracked exhaust manifold

DUCKY
    Scott.. 396 is small block... at least the one I am probably getting... and I think the 350 exhausts bolts right up...
    425 hp and 415 ft·lbs torque... stock - roughly..one of my favorite GM motors..
    Brazing might just be the way to go excellent and inexpensive solution! what kind of metal do you think? bronze? and what temp... wonder if it will work with home torch...
    Okay... I thought you were swapping in a big block and couldn't understand why with todays inexpensive big inch small blocks. And any oxy/acetylene torch and flux coated brass rod will work nicely, but just make sure that the inside isn't cracked. If you are planning on putting in a big SBC like the one you mentioned, you will need to get away from those log type manifolds to take advantage of your new motor anyways. The late model iron center rise units are a step up, but if you are trying to make some real power, you will need to run some EMI's or the like and go through the transom.

sawtooth
    DaddyMack, I have a set of Gil Offshore manifolds for a SBC that are brand new/never used that are powder coated gloss black with all the mounting hardware and water feed lines (no risers). I would let them go for $450 if you are intrested I can email you a pic. Just let me know, PM or email me.
    Thanks,
    Chris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12