Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat insurance...WTF

GAME TIME
    So, I've been calling around trying to get quotes for a new cat and Markel is the only company insuring these boats in the country. A few guys said that about a month ago, there were two or three companies insuring them. Does the insurance industry go through this often? Damn, it seems pretty high to spend $7,500 on a cat with 496HO's.

Daytona100
    Better keep the DOMIN8ER!!!!!

DAVID
    So, I've been calling around trying to get quotes for a new cat and Markel is the only company insuring these boats in the country. A few guys said that about a month ago, there were two or three companies insuring them. Does the insurance industry go through this often? Damn, it seems pretty high to spend $7,500 on a cat with 496HO's.
    I just got a quote today for a customer. 28 Daytona 496 HO's. $6200
    thru Markel. Thats where everyone is sending us.

FASTERDAMITT
    A few people could'nt believe I sold my cat and bought a V. Well, insurance was a factor. Cabin space and offshore performance was also. But I searched hard and found a 30' V that has performance similar to 30' cats and equal or better offshore capabilities. Still don't understand insurance companies and thier premium against cats. I don't think the underwritters have ridden in one. Keep us posted on what you discover.

Kilrtoy
    F4rom my understanding, They are the only game in town...
    What kinda boat is fetching that kind of price for twin 496's......

framer1
    I'm hoping I still pay 4,800 next year. Sounds like they are raising the price again. Oh goodie :yuk: Anybody want to buy a f-26 :notam:

riverroyal
    for a F26!!!!and to think you dcb guys make fun of us magic deckboat guys,sshheeshh.By the way,I pay 750$ a year,and go about 40mph slower :smile:

GAME TIME
    Better keep the DOMIN8ER!!!!!
    It's already sold...

GAME TIME
    F4rom my understanding, They are the only game in town...
    What kinda boat is fetching that kind of price for twin 496's......
    I was quoted on the Daytona 28 with no layup and 3% deductible to get $7500. It went down with a 5% deductible and a layup from 11/1-3/1 to $6300. Still too rich for my blood.

GMFL
    I just got insurance a few weeks ago and ended up going with Markel too. However, if I remember correctly, they were also quoting with another carrier (can't remember the name though).
    My broker was Empower Solutions in Wesminster (714) 895-7050.
    Maybe they can help. However, my rate's not that great either.
    Sorry for not being any help :hammerhea

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast