Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Floor

Ian
    I want to restore the inside of my boat, it has lost its shine. I have some time off school and work so I figured now would be the best time to tackle this project. Does anyone have any suggestions for polishing the floor, I was thinking about wet sanding it with 1000, then 1500 and then polishing with some sort of compound. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

T-Bag
    Depending how bad they are you can use 1000 grit wet sanded then buff with 3m foam polishing glaze then wax if you want I recommend removeing as much hardware from the inside of the boat as possible.

GofastRacer
    I did the same on one of my boats and it came out bitchin!!.. I agree, it makes life a lot easier if you strip the hardware out!!...

VD CRUISER
    If the floor or stringers have nicks or gouges is there a specific type of resin that should be used to recoat it before sanding and buffing?

BILLY.B
    Ian:
    I want to restore the inside of my boat, it has lost its shine. I have some time off school and work so I figured now would be the best time to tackle this project. Does anyone have any suggestions for polishing the floor, I was thinking about wet sanding it with 1000, then 1500 and then polishing with some sort of compound. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. IAN, If you want to call me I'll help you through the floor deal,that is if you need any!909-982-8555.

RCM
    I`ve used a product named duratec hi gloss coating and also a product called foreguard and Ram Chemical makes a coating called a ramanel, all these work well. THEY ARE ALL polyester coatings and the same catylyst you use in resin works in these products. RCM

68campbell
    When I re-did the floor on my 20' schiada, I gel coated it. Looks and works bitchen.

VD CRUISER
    Can these products be brushed or do they need to be sprayed ?

Sangster
    We've used tight nap paint rollers on floors..Duratec will improve the quality & make it easier to work....Or Flow Coat it...I've never used it.. but I've seen the finished product, it gives you a Thick looking, Clear, Even surface coat.. If it were me I'd Talk to Billy B. He's more about it than most of us.....
    [ December 25, 2002, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU BOARD HEADS. JUST MADE A BATCH OF KUNG FU FOR THE TURKEY & Prim Rib

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast