Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Python Problem: Any Snake People in Simi?:

JetBoatRich
    Let the snake enjoy the freedom it may help keep the cats off the cars

eliminatedsprinter
    If you want to rescue it I say do it. I'm not sure what you mean by a "Pacific Islands Python". However, I do know that there are several types of pythons that live on various pacific islands and non of them (or any other type of pythons) are capable of surviving a Simi Valley winter outdoors. One thing that is for sure, is that pythons are non venomous and a 4 foot python is no more dangerous to humans than our local gopher or king Snakes. If it was in my yard I would try to rescue it and return it to it's owner. Otherwise, it will either die from the cold or a respiratory infection.

Riomouse911
    I worked in the reptile trade for years during high school.. but Simi is a bit too far from here to help. Just leave him/her be, and it'll move off to warmer pastures. Or, if you're inclined to catch it, set a loosly rolled electric blanket in the tree, and when it cools down too much the snako might crawl into it for warmth. Roll it up (not too tightly), box it, take it to a pet store and you might make a few bucks off the catch and find it a new home. I've used this trick inside a house before, and if you can keep the blanket pulugged in and dry, it just might work.

BajaMike
    Ross, you might also check with your neighbors, someone probably lost it..... :idea:

eliminatedsprinter
    I have lots of experiance keeping herps as well and both of these last two posts are good ideas. :idea:

Her454
    This whole thread is just insane. :cry: I think I would MOVE if I knew there was a snake like that loose anywhere near my house.

eliminatedsprinter
    This whole thread is just insane. :cry: I think I would MOVE if I knew there was a snake like that loose anywhere near my house.
    Unless you live in Canada or Alaska you had better start packing, because 4 foot snakes are commen pretty much every place here in the continental U.S.

Goad
    i thought this was another later thread.....
    hah....snake!

Magic34
    I worked in the reptile trade for years during high school.. but Simi is a bit too far from here to help. Just leave him/her be, and it'll move off to warmer pastures. Or, if you're inclined to catch it, set a loosly rolled electric blanket in the tree, and when it cools down too much the snako might crawl into it for warmth. Roll it up (not too tightly), box it, take it to a pet store and you might make a few bucks off the catch and find it a new home. I've used this trick inside a house before, and if you can keep the blanket pulugged in and dry, it just might work.
    Move to warmer pastures.... Yeah, in the city they call that the front door of a nicely heated house.
    I'd call the National Guard. I hate snakes!!!!!

Schiada76
    I'd come over and catch the snake but I'm too damn old to climb a tree.
    It's cold enough now that if you can get to it in the morning it won't be moving fast enough to get away and probably not even able to strike

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast