Thread: NWSRA Flatbottom Class

h20skiracer
    I'm callin anyone out who wants to race in the men's or womens flatbottom class this year with the NWSRA. It is a great class, and personally, I think it is the most fun to race. If you think you are interested, and have the guts to do it, let me know. We want to bring this class back.

wsuwrhr
    Can I tow my dog?
    Brian

SGettmann
    I'm callin anyone out who wants to race in the men's or womens flatbottom class this year with the NWSRA. It is a great class, and personally, I think it is the most fun to race. If you think you are interested, and have the guts to do it, let me know. We want to bring this class back.
    H20skiracer - when you say the guts, is that for the driver/observer team or for the skier? It can't be worse than riding backwards in a clamp on class (with no balast tank).

h20skiracer
    H20skiracer - when you say the guts, is that for the driver/observer team or for the skier? It can't be worse than riding backwards in a clamp on class (with no balast tank).
    It's all around! That class is a whole different world. I have had observers that rode F2 ride in the flatbottom class and tell me they would never do it again. :rollside:

obnoxious001
    A flatty rides much rougher than an outboard that has some vee in the bottom. I have driven and observed in flatbottom class, it can be a wild ride.

Dave Sammons
    While we're on the subject of ski racing and flatbottoms...Was wondering if anyone knew the whereabouts of Don Brice. He had a Biesemeyer back in 75/76. He pulled me in a few races and was about unbeatable in the "Hot Boat" race at the end of the day during those years. Maybe if that event was reinstated...a few more guys might want to come out!!

SK48
    Amy, give Brad Cooper a call 760-922-6868, he has my Biesemeyer, and the
    red K555 boat in his garage. He really wants to go play in that class. He was
    hoping that there was a flatbottom class at Parker. I told him I would sit
    backwards if he wanted to do it. Are you in the high desert or down
    here in Parker. Lots of people practicing today. It is real windy and choppy.
    Talk to you soon Richard. Oh ( Lisa gave us permisson to do this and
    to use her motor)

SGettmann
    While we're on the subject of ski racing and flatbottoms...Was wondering if anyone knew the whereabouts of Don Brice. He had a Biesemeyer back in 75/76. He pulled me in a few races and was about unbeatable in the "Hot Boat" race at the end of the day during those years. Maybe if that event was reinstated...a few more guys might want to come out!!
    Hot Boat class on Sunday afternoon after the circle races! Does NWSRA still offer that class. Many weekends down at Chula Vista watching the whole circuit as a kid. ClearLake was my favorite though - the whole week of skiing and fun, doubled up by two weekends of racing - even though I was 8 years old and scared sheitless to ski behind my parents blown 20' Schiada. Kept hearing - 'Sean, hurry up and make your start so that the motor doesn't get loaded up and have to clean the plugs'. Didn't know how good I had it then. I was very much a whoose then compared to the 0-9'ers of today. 4K behind my dad's boat was dam fast to me then - the wake got really narrow.
    For the ***boat class, I do remember Guss Gazachus (sp?) and a few other jetboats getting into it and hosing each other down pretty good during the late 70's. Nothing like frying a motor when a bunch of water is going down the intake. Some good boat racing action.

haulina29
    Dave Sammons GOOSE BUMPS

h20skiracer
    Amy, give Brad Cooper a call 760-922-6868, he has my Biesemeyer, and the
    red K555 boat in his garage. He really wants to go play in that class. He was
    hoping that there was a flatbottom class at Parker. I told him I would sit
    backwards if he wanted to do it. Are you in the high desert or down
    here in Parker. Lots of people practicing today. It is real windy and choppy.
    Talk to you soon Richard. Oh ( Lisa gave us permisson to do this and
    to use her motor)
    Lisa is very generous! Say hi to her and Courtney for me. I am actually moving out there this Monday. I got a job up in Havasu, and I start next Monday. So I will be down there alot. I'm lookin forward to it. As for a flatbottom class at the Parker race, there won't be one because it is a marathon. If it was a circle race yes there would be one. I will stop by in the near future an say hi.