Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LHC Plane Crash 10-27-06

SCR INC
    What broke to cause this ? Just wondering we have a 210 and was just thinking what if. At least they were @ Havasu and not Catalina etc. Glad to hear they are all safe!! Time to start shopping for a new bird!!

BajaMike
    I can't figure out why the prop is bent on the side with wheel down??
    http://octo.org/upload/octophotos/Misc/1027061411.jpg
    Did you see the landing?? Are you sure he didn't try to land the first time with the landing gear up?? :idea:

BajaMike
    What broke to cause this ? Just wondering we have a 210 and was just thinking what if. At least they were @ Havasu and not Catalina etc. Glad to hear they are all safe!! Time to start shopping for a new bird!!
    Hard landing or metal fatigue could cause the gear to fail......the 210 is a great plane!!!

VictoryIzMine
    I can't figure out why the prop is bent on the side with wheel down??
    Did you see the landing?? Are you sure he didn't try to land the first time with the landing gear up??
    I saw the landing and the landing gear was down. As for the props, I'm thinking the majority of the damage occured during the second landing which was pretty violent at first doing almost a three wheel dance before it disappeared on the east side of the runway and ending up where you see it.

73kona455
    u can see in the picture that it looks like the wing tank on the right side kissed the ground sometime during the crash.. thats probably when the prop got it... looks like plane tipped up on the right side at sometime in this adventure

BajaMike
    I saw the landing and the landing gear was down. As for the props, I'm thinking the majority of the damage occured during the second landing which was pretty violent at first doing almost a three wheel dance before it disappeared on the east side of the runway and ending up where you see it.
    Well like they say.....a good landing is one you walk away from..... :idea:

Cat & Mice
    Glad everyone is OK
    ? would it have crashed if the runway was a giant treadmill?
    See other plane thread.
    MP

Sleek-Jet
    Well like they say.....a good landing is one you walk away from..... :idea:
    An excellent one is when you can use the airplane again...
    I still can't see the tread mill in the picture though... I'm confused... :idea:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12