Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manic Mechanic

wideopen545
    tim its was nice seeing you and beverley this weekend on the water at smith mountian lake give us a call

HammerDown
    Smith Mountian Lake...seems like a good place for BOTE 07!

jets4me
    have fun i am going to anna and i hope it will be at jacks again and i am sure alot of people will agree

wideopen545
    have fun i am going to anna and i hope it will be at jacks again and i am sure alot of people will agree
    mike we the [bote] group have talked about this over the years, we may have out grown lake anna and need to look for a bigger lake to hold our event at and if this means moving the event to a bigger lake with more rooms we the [bote] group may have to do that
    when this all started we had around 40 boats and we have grown to over 140 boats in four years, with ***boats help we will have 200 boats next year were will everone stay we only have 40 rooms plus camping
    just trying to bring light to the whole picture
    this will all be talked about at a later date

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    [QUOTE=HammerDown]Smith Mountian Lake...seems like a good place for BOTE 07![/QUOTE
    I agree. Different place, new looks. It's all good.

drejustice
    BOTE at SML???
    While I've boated there for 20+ years and i wish it were there for personal reasons, SML might not be the best place for the majority of low-freeboard jets for a couple of reasons.
    SML can get a bit choppy at times. I know running my Taylor during the middle of a weekend can be a wild adventure at times with us sometimes getting airborne. fun for me but not fun for the wife. Also not cool if your looking for flat water for some friendly speed runs/challenges. It's one of the reasons i'm looking at getting a different boat (23 tunnel).
    Finding a location like Jack's with the space to put up table, grills, pig roast pit, bathrooms, etc, might be tough. I do know they are closing the largest on water campground the end of this season to put in condos :cry:
    Just my thoughts.

737jetmech
    mike we the [bote] group have talked about this over the years, we may have out grown lake anna and need to look for a bigger lake to hold our event at and if this means moving the event to a bigger lake with more rooms we the [bote] group may have to do that and still have a anna event later in the season
    when this all started we had around 40 boats and we have grown to over 140 boats in four years, with ***boats help we will have 200 boats next year were will everone stay we only have 40 rooms plus camping
    just trying to bring light to the whole picture
    this will all be talked about at a later date
    Its time to move on.
    Every year we (BOTE) play the Hotel game for Anna. Staying in Fredricksburg is some 35 miles from the lake.

HammerDown
    In the begining we originally wanted to move this event to different locations.
    One of the issues with Anna is Lodging, there simply isn't enough of it near the water, and most of the feedback I hear is the group would like to all stay at the same location.
    I'm sure this topic will be discussed at the next Frosty Ball which I belive will be held in Havre DeGrace Md.
    Personally I'm somewhat ready for another boating spot...if infact it turns out to be a further tow, I'll simply make it a 7 day vacation vs the normal 3-4.
    Time will tell.

TaylorJet
    sounds like i need to build another motel at anna.. if you go to sml i think it will split in half,some go there and a lot will stay at anna with jack.

drejustice
    I think the Hotel issue might be ok at SML
    http://www.lakeinnmotel.com/
    "The Lake Inn Motel, is located at Westlake Corner. The Lake Inn Motel is the place to stay for your family vacations or business trips. We are nestled in the heart of the Smith Mountain Lake area next to intersection Rt. 122 & 616. Since the Lake Inn Motel is centrally located, we have an ideal spot that is fun for everyone.
    The Westlake Corner vicinity is one of the most developed spots in the lake area. Golf courses, shopping plazas, and restaurants surround the Lake Inn. With real estate offices near by we can accommodate your moving needs.
    Bring your family and check out the Lake Inn for yourself. Also, pets are allowed in designated rooms for an additional $10.00 charge per night, because we know pets are an important part of the family.
    Rely on us to get some deserving R&R and really enjoy yourself in our clean comfortable rooms. Rooms come with one or two queen beds. King beds are available upon request. All rooms come with coffee makers, table and chairs, hair dryer, and HBO. This ensures the quality of our rooms and the quality of your stay.
    Also each room is fisherman friendly. We provide an outside electrical outlet to charge troll motors. In addition most rooms are on ground level and Handicapped rooms available upon request. With no extra cost you receive a home away from home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast