Thread: R/C Trucks Q????

MAINEVENT
    I bought my boys some R/C Trucks for their B-day... I saw when i got home that both remotes are 49Mkhtz are they gonna be able to drive them at the same time???? They are your basic 9.6v trucks...
    TIA

disco_charger
    No. But they will just to piss each other off.

Cheap Thrills
    I would return one and see if they had one on 75Mhz or the old 27Mhz.. though the 27Mhz gets a little goofy if your close to the highway or a truckstop
    C.T. :wink:

Big Kahunaa
    what brand

dicudmore
    I bought my boys some R/C Trucks for their B-day... I saw when i got home that both remotes are 49Mkhtz are they gonna be able to drive them at the same time???? They are your basic 9.6v trucks...
    TIA
    Alex 49--what is the rest of the frequency?
    I don't remember much about the 49 band, but the 27 band used to have 6 different frequencies and the 75 band had even more--49 may be the same, different "crystals"

Cheap Thrills
    29 Freqs on the 75Mhz VHF band. Usually you can run multiple vehicles on this band as long as they are spaced "channel" wise all running even or all running odd freqs. the every other "channel" gap is usually enough so that most dirty transmitters wont interfere with the others.
    6 Freqs on 27Mhz HF. but thats the Citizens Band Radio Service ( "A Channels") . ok for cars though. no restrictions but I wouldnt want to fly a plane on them
    49 Mhz is on the edge of HF/VHF and is a dirty band with alot of baby monitors, intercoms, personal communications, and what not . I dont believe it has alot of allocations for RC useage. maybe 4 at the most but it would be unlikely to be able to run 2 49 Mhz cars together without interfereing with eachother the quality of transmitters on this band for RC usually dont have a good spurrious emmissions supression. some do have a band switch that narrows the transmitted freq that will allow you to run 2 at a time with less possibility of interference. check the ones you have they may have it..
    C.T. :wink:

deltaAce
    Just get different pair of 49Mhz Tx-Rx crystals.