Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Shiadas For Sale?

superdave013
    The big question is where can you run one these days without
    trouble. Even with turbos, the water cops pull you over in my neighborhood.
    I've had a Schiada, two Hallett Vectors, and a Biesemeyer, and none of them
    are legal in Parker AZ. Last year they asked me to come to the sheriff station
    to launch if I wanted to run my turbo boat. The week before the ski races
    one racer in a turbo schiada got a ticket for noise, and not having a coast guard approved life jacket ( they were both wearing Lifeline race jackets )
    Don't get me wrong I love fast v-drive boats, but in our area we are running
    out of places to use them. Thanks for letting me vent.
    put mufflers on it. Burns makes some nice ones

SK48
    I was running double jacketed exhaust with drew shot gun's.
    The ski racer was running some big numbers, pulling a novice fourteen year
    old boy who was pracitcing. :cry:

superdave013
    shot guns aren't mufflers. they are just plates with holes that open when you hit the gas. check out the circle track mufflers the dirt cars are running.

Klass Klown
    You have no idea that value of that boat. It's true that it's in the eyes of the beholder, but for you to go down and buy the motor alone, your probably looking at around 40-50K from what I've seen. It looks super clean, and I'm sure you can get the history of the boat from third parties, include Schiad themself, since Schiada owners are generally a close nitch group of people that check in with Lee at the factory regularly. That boat will last for years, then your grandkids can use it (especially if you tear out the interior). My dad's 20' Schiada pulled my mom on the NWSRA circuit for a few seasons in the early 80's. The boat has been used every summer for play, and will always be in the family. I begged my dad to sell it to me and he told me to get lost, so I bought my own 21'. I plan on having this for years. So again, years of enjoyment and a quality boat makes $61K seems like a steel to me, but then again, you're talking to a guy who has a cheap apartment that's living room is full of boat parts, and a nice truck and boat to go to the lake with a few months out of the year, since it's snowing outside right now.
    My Freind, if you spent 50k in one twin turbocharged motor SOMEONE SAW YOU COMING........................................ You V-Driver's need to stop the B.S You could buy one bad ass Shmidt motor for less than that.......... Hell even a Pfaff motor... PUUULLLEEEEEAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :220v:

Monkey Bung
    Do you think you will get a nice DCB for less?
    Sounds like you are on a 1970's Spectra budget to me.
    I'm sorry Dave with all your vast knowledge. But 61,000 for a 21 ft. Schiada is a chunk of change. Dont get me wrong, I love these boats but I can buy a 26' DCB cat for around 70K and smoke these boats all day long while bumpin' the tunes and drinkin' a beer. "I AM NOT RAGGING ON THE BOAT SO DO NOT GET BUTT HURT" its just a lot of money. $40,000 for a motor come onnnnn!!! tell you what I have a engine shop and I need your buisness.

dossangers
    My Freind, if you spent 50k in one twin turbocharged motor SOMEONE SAW YOU COMING........................................ You V-Driver's need to stop the B.S You could buy one bad ass Shmidt motor for less than that.......... Hell even a Pfaff motor... PUUULLLEEEEEAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :220v:A Pfaff blown marathon or turbo motor probally close to 50k these are not drag motors theres a big difference between 8 sec and 1 hour wide open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

msmeads1
    "Klass Klown"
    Call Carson Brummett, tell him you want a 1600 H/P motor that can run WT for one hour.
    The price starts a 50K and you will have to wait about 10 months. ( that is if you know the secret hand shake)
    If you want the best, you got to pay for it.

blackcloud75
    $61,000?????????? I think I'll keep looking for that DCB.
    My 24'r for a little above $90,000 is a way better deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...53IMG_0719.jpg

Klass Klown
    A Pfaff blown marathon or turbo motor probally close to 50k these are not drag motors theres a big difference between 8 sec and 1 hour wide open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok you guy's obviously are missing the point, s gettmann said his short block will run him appx 10 k to be rebuilt, He already has cylinder heads, turbo's etc, carbs.. Beleive me Turbo motor's are not only put in boat's, They are very popular in street car's as well quick 8's etc.. And yes these are 1/4 mile motor's.. My Reher Morrison comment I will stand by.. You guy's mean to tell me Reher cannott build an endurance motor????? Get out of here... You guy's choose to use who you use, with that being said, A big name motor builder will charge you high dollar, But remember TOLERANCES ARE TOLERANCES, PART"S ARE PART"S .. I know for a fact Duttweiller is cheaper than these guy's!!!!!!! :idea: :rollside:

Klass Klown
    Mr. Monkey Bunger / Klass Klown, just remember one small thing, there are those that have Schiada's and those that wish they had one, and there are those that will never own one, but for those of us that do, it sure brings a big smile knowing how valuable they are. See if your 10-15-20yr old DCB has the same resale value? Klown, your engine comment, you get what you pay for ?
    Huffpower I like Schiadas and do not have a problem with the price, But like all boat's especially when you pay to have your motor built the cost is in the engine.... And yes you get what you pay for in some instances LESSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :boxed:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast