Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying and carry-ons

THOR
    Can you take a phone on the plane?

DSW
    Only if it doesnt have a bomb atached... :220v:

Jordy
    Yes. Unless it's made of liquid or ticking.

voodoomedman
    Can you take a phone on the plane?Yes. They will tell you when you can and cannot use it. Basically you can use it at the gate and usually once you land. When you are taxiing for takeoff and in the air it is off limits.

THOR
    I'll put it up to my ear and see. Thanks

hallettman
    they say your not allowed to use them in the air because the mess with the guidance systems on the plane but mythbusters instructed me differantly. :boxed: :boxed:

JB in so cal
    You'll be asked to take off your jacket, belt and shoes and then proceed through a metal detector; submit to a possible secondary inspection and then be jammed into a gigantic alluminium tube that will speed through the very thin upper atmosphere at a high rate of speed. the temperature outside the tube will be about negative 60 degrees. that same tube is going to be filled with 10,000 gallons of highly flammable jet fuel piloted by a total stranger that may or may not be in a good mood.
    Welcome aboard!!!

voodoomedman
    they say your not allowed to use them in the air because the mess with the guidance systems on the plane but mythbusters instructed me differantly. :boxed: :boxed:
    It probably won't happen but it could happen.
    Heck just plugging my laptop in the same room as the baby monitor today made some buzzing. Not exactly sophisticated airplane equipment but stuff happens. When I'm 35,000 feet in the air doing 500 miles an hour I'm glad to oblige to anything even remotely related to my safety.

RJ Nordic
    so where are you off to Thor? We're leaving tomorrow @ 7 for Maui, son's wedding, and we just have to go. :cry:

THOR
    so where are you off to Thor? We're leaving tomorrow @ 7 for Maui, son's wedding, and we just have to go. :cry:
    East Cape, Mexico for some fishing with my Dad and brother.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast