Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your take???

bocco
    Bunch of fat pussys. If you are going to be a cop or fireman you have to be in shape and stay that way.

ratso
    Bunch of fat pussys. If you are going to be a cop or fireman you have to be in shape and stay that way.
    I agree 100%

SmokinLowriderSS
    A police department isn't like a corporate office. There is a command structure and since the cops are dealing with life and death situations, they need to be able to do their job.
    Nothing wrong with what the guy did...the PC nazis are out of control again. Fawkin pussies.
    Pretty much my take on it right there by rrrr.

Seadog
    I saw that on the news and thought that it was the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I hope he sues the heck out of them and wins a huge settlement.

Kilrtoy
    That is not why they fired him, There are other reasons, but they are using that as the EXCUSE...
    THEY DID NOT LIKE HIM

Tom Brown
    THEY DID NOT LIKE HIM
    ... and for being disliked, they are putting him in a position of making a lot of money.
    ... gotta love the system.

Kilrtoy
    ... and for being disliked, they are putting him in a position of making a lot of money.
    ... gotta love the system.
    They liked him until he actually took the job, then it turned to dislike.
    The people that hired him arent the ones that disliked him, at least at first

Boatcop
    Most Chiefs of Police serve at the pleasure of the City Council or City Manager. Being an appointed position, there is no civil service protection.
    They are usually under some sort of negotiated contract. Even if it's proved that he was terminated without cause, the only thing he could recover would be the remaining term on the contract.
    Sounds like he had the right idea, but lacked a little bit of tact.

I think his quote below sums it up pretty well for me.
    "We didn't hire you unfit and we don't want you working unfit. Don't mean to offend, this is just straight talk. I owe it to you."

Tom Brown
    Most Chiefs of Police serve at the pleasure of the City Council or City Manager. Being an appointed position, there is no civil service protection.
    That seems weird to me. In Canada, they are city employees and they also have a golden parachute so they take a nice little chunk of change when they go. It's not millions but it's more than the average traffic patrol officer gets.
    In my city, and I think most cities, the chief is a guy who worked his way up through the ranks. The only time most Canadian cities would bring someone in from another area to chief is if there is a problem and they have to do something fast. Otherwise, a local is groomed. It's a system I have a lot of respect for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast