Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your take???

I also think PR skills are fine. He sugar coated that memo enough. We are not talking about a bunch of pregnant women. If that memo hurt their feeling enough for them to complain then how are they going to deal with some in the line of duty that is not, lets say......friendly?

In my city, and I think most cities, the chief is a guy who worked his way up through the ranks. The only time most Canadian cities would bring someone in from another area to chief is if there is a problem and they have to do something fast. Otherwise, a local is groomed. It's a system I have a lot of respect for.
    Now why would we want to do it that way? It make way to much sense.

YeLLowBoaT
    Sounds like he had the right idea, but lacked a little bit of tact.
    Skrew the tact, he should have told them flat out, we are having a Fittness test in 60 days, if you fail your gone.... I would love to see what the local police union would say about that.
    It really ticks me off when I see LEO( or anyone for that matter) that can not do thier job... It really ticks me off when I see officers that are fat and/or too small to do the job... a less then 5' female officer that is less then 90lbs has no biz on the street...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123