Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: No Lakers or clippers threads?

dmontzsta
    Lets keep in mind, the Lakers bench is winning. Once Kobe comes back, the game is going to get much better. With the bench shooting so well, he will be able to draw in the D and assist like a mofo.
    A win is a win is a win...lol
    GO LAKERS!

Jyruiz
    If they are as good as you claim, it should not matter when/where they play, home opener or not, bottom line they lost. And as far as home openers, look what Chicago did to the Heat. They were even getting rings.
    True, I was disappointed they lost to the Suns. On the Laker front, it is nice to see the bench have no fear out there, no matter who they are playing, it will only help them when the other starters get back.

Hardly Satisfied
    Lake Show

AirtimeLavey
    Ahhhh, the Clips game last night and their game tonight are both nationally televised games. I guess you and Don are in denial or something.
    The Lakers have started off well...AFTER two games, yes. Lets see, they won their HOME opener and beat the Warriors. Ya, they are ready for the NBA finals :rollside:
    The Clippers played against the Suns who were having their HOME opener after being pissed about losing to the Lakers on the ROAD the night before. They were in the game until the end but yes, they were missing a little bit of something. I got home around mid-3rd quarter so I don't know how it went earlier. Tonight they play the Denver Nuggets at home.
    When it is all said and done the Clips will have a better record than the Lakers...for a third straight year.
    I know this is the popular opinion, but I'm betting it ain't gonna happen this year (barring major injury). Clips have peaked. While they have some young talent, they're still relying too much on older guys. Lakers are surging (ok, only two games) with a much younger and deeper team. Still would like to see Lakes/Clips in the playoffs. Lakers still WAY more entertaining to watch.

dmontzsta
    I know this is the popular opinion, but I'm betting it ain't gonna happen this year (barring major injury). Clips have peaked. While they have some young talent, they're still relying too much on older guys. Lakers are surging (ok, only two games) with a much younger and deeper team. Still would like to see Lakes/Clips in the playoffs. Lakers still WAY more entertaining to watch.
    The gloves are off.
    I can not wait to see how the standings are the first month in.
    The Lakers will not have a 6th man, cause they will have a 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th. That is IF Vujacic and Parker can get out of their shooting rut.
    BTW: Stats from last night.
    S. Parker - 6 points, 4 rebounds, 1 steal. (23 minutes)
    M. Evans - 8 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist. (16 minutes)
    L. Odom - 22 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists. (32 minutes)
    L. Walton - 15 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists. (29 minutes)
    A. Bynum - 5 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists. (10 minutes)
    R. Turiaf - 23 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists. (31 minutes)
    J. Farmar - 9 points, 4 assists, 1 rebound. (25 minutes)
    V. Radmanovic - 11 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists. (24 minutes)
    S. Williams - 3 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds. (22 minutes)
    B. Cook - 8 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist. (17 minutes)
    S. Vujacic - 3 rebounds (7 minutes) - Once he wakes up like last year, it just adds to the fire.
    Still Inactive.
    K. Bryant
    K. Brown
    A. McKie
    C. Mihm

a catered life
    No Lakers or clippers threads?
    I was busy this morning with a work related question but looks like you posted well without my help GO LAKERS crusin right along

a catered life
    some times the crack makes you speak the truth.....preach on brother
    no dil: while i feel you may have good bench..i also feel the lakers have a more versitile bench...we dont depend on one or two guys to score..outside of your starting line up who can you get 10-15 points from everynight?....our bench is showing they can do it now we have 2 maybe 3 starters down and one of those guys is the best dam indivual player in the league KOBE and we all know that he is the best player at putting his balls in the hole

AirtimeLavey
    Put the crack pipe down. I usually tend to agree with you but if you believe the Lakers have a stronger bench than the Clippers you have 0 credibility.
    See Demontzsta's post right above yours. :yuk: You're thinking last year's team. This year it's a whole new ball game/team.
    I thought you went to the game the other night. Spent your time chatting up that old lady, and missing the obvious burgeoning greatness, I guess. You musta been drinking more of that denial, I've heard someone call it.
    Since when does a Clipper fan have any real cred. anyway? 1 or 2 years over a rebuilding Lakers ain't nutt'in but dreaming. :crossx:
    (it's a bit early for talk'in, but hell, might as well live in the moment - like Clip fans last year or two. The difference here is that were not talking about flashy play, we're talking about strong fundamentals winning games, here. )

Jyruiz
    I think the Clipps first 3 of the bench are more talented than the Lakers first 3, but the Lakers go deeper into there bench than the Clipps do, maybe cause of the injuries, but this will only help out the Lakers even more when the other 3 starters get back.

dmontzsta
    If Kobe comes back playing like he did to end last season, they will be deadly. Kobe was really starting to distribute the ball around MUCH better. He can draw 2-3 defenders with a quick move, cause they will be worried about him going off for 81 points. With all these shooters, things can look good. I cant wait to see him come back Friday, I expect a different pace, but once they get it going...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast