Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No Lakers or clippers threads?

Jyruiz
    How many has he had in his career Don? Don't be friggin' ridiculous as he IS NOT a triple double a night guy. Only been one and that is Oscar.
    Don't forget Magic Johnson.

Jyruiz
    Ya, he will get a few this year but the world is full of people who never reach their potential. So if every game he doesn't get the TD and taking into account your statement does that mean that he has failed?
    No, the Lakers did not get LO for TD's, they got him to compliment Kobe and play a role similar to Pippen. Nobody in the franchise has ever asked him to do that, so no failure if he doesn't.

Jyruiz
    Lets see how he functions when Kobe gets back. He will probably get 12-14 points and 9 rebounds with about 5 assists. More importantly he hasn't shown he can still be aggressive with Kobe on the floor on a consistent basis. They need him to be assertive and in reality he has a problem dealing with that over a period of time.
    14,9 and 5 would be ok with me, with the way the rest of the team is playing, he won't have to do any more than that when Kobe, Brown and Mihn return.

dmontzsta
    14,9 and 5 would be ok with me, with the way the rest of the team is playing, he won't have to do any more than that when Kobe, Brown and Mihn return.
    Yup. I would venture to say 16-9-7, since he is very unselfish with the ball. That is close enough to a triple double every night.

Jyruiz
    Don is just exited about the last two games, kind of like a CL fan that thought the Clipps could make it to the WCF finals.

dmontzsta
    This pissing match is gay.
    clippers have never won a championship and you CFs are on your high horse cause they had 2 season of a SLIGHTLY better record than the Lakers during their rebuilding period. Congrats! Lets live in the now again...
    Lakers 2-0
    clippers 0-1
    Lots more games to go...Lakers have their first 15 out of 20 at home.
    Congrats again! :crossx:

dmontzsta
    If you take Kobe and EB out of the mix and offered up the Clippers or Lakers roster to any basketball executive they would take the Clippers roster almost every time. More talent is the answer Don. Simple as that.
    Are you delusional? I think you are.
    Look at the Lakers without Kobe and keep in mind that is missing Brown and Mihm. Now look at the clippers and take out Brand (their X factor). It does not take a rocket scientist.

eliminatedsprinter
    Sorry Juan...OR is the ONLY player that has averaged a TD for a season. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Chamberlin, Isiah, Montcrief, etc have never averaged a TD for a season.
    There is only one player that truley can ave a TD for a year and that is LJ
    O.R. did it for a season, but I believe E. Johnson has the most for his career. Wilt got a quite a few TD's as well. Plus he has some Quadruple doubles (add blocked shots). The year Wilt bacame (and still is) the only center to ever lead the league in assists, he must have been very close to averaging triple doubles.
    Most NBA records: Wilt. Second most NBA records: Everybody else (actually it's Jordan in a far distant second place).
    P.S. Wilt didn't need triple doubles. He is the only player ever to get a double triple double, that's right 20+ points, 20+ assists and 20+ rebounds, in one game.

Jyruiz
    Ahhhh...If I was possibly going to the WCF is a hell of a lot more exciting than winning two regular season games.
    So....I pulled the rosters and here they are. Funny thing about you LF's yelling about how young you are and how much potential your youngsters have. The Clippers have a total of 71 years of NBA experience and the Lakers have 67. Pretty close in that regard isn't it? Any other myths you want busted? If I have the time later I will list the starters and the bench players to show you are wrong there also.
    Lakers
    PLAYER & YRS of NBA EXPERIENCE
    Kwame Brown 5
    Kobe Bryant 10
    Andrew Bynum 1
    Brian Cook 3
    Maurice Evans 3
    Jordan Farmar 0
    Aaron McKie 12
    Chris Mihm 6
    Lamar Odom 7
    Smush Parker 3
    Vladimir Radmanovic 5
    Ronny Turiaf 1
    Sasha Vujacic 2
    Luke Walton 3
    Shammond Williams 6
    Clippers
    PLAYER & YRS of NBA EXPERIENCE
    Elton Brand 7
    Sam Cassell 13
    Paul Davis 0
    Daniel Ewing 1
    Chris Kaman 3
    Yaroslav Korolev 1
    Shaun Livingston 2
    Corey Maggette 7
    Cuttino Mobley 8
    Zeljko Rebraca 5
    Quinton Ross 2
    James Singleton 1
    Tim Thomas 9
    Aaron Williams 12
    I don't know what myths I talked to you about or asked you to break, but have fun running the numbers. You are as bad as Don is with the Lakers when you talk about the Clippers, you don't see it, but you never pass up an opportunity to post hyped articles about the Clipps and to post something negative about the Lakers every chance you get. You seem to enjoy a Laker loss more than a Clipper win. There is only one thing to brag about in the NBA, and that is a championship, nobody gets a prize for 2nd, 3rd or last place and certainly not ending up with 2 more wins during the regular season, but like you have said time and time again, that is in the past and lets live in the now.
    You are correct, it is going to be a fun season to watch and I can't wait to see how both teams inprove over the whole season.

AirtimeLavey
    Pissing match???? It is called a debate and I like to list REAL numbers to compare these two teams in the HERE and NOW. Not just spout out dribble with no facts to base it on except for the 2-0 record with 80 to go....lol
    Clips might even be down 0-2 after tonight but I know the real deal as far as the talent goes. If you take Kobe and EB out of the mix and offered up the Clippers or Lakers roster to any basketball executive they would take the Clippers roster almost every time. More talent is the answer Don. Simple as that.
    Alright...enough of this for now. This season is obviously going to be fun to watch and see how it plays out. Just cut back on that ritilan a bit Don. I want you to make it thru the season.....lol
    Now, you're sounding like my wife.,,,can't make up her mind in an arguement. :crossx:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast