Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No Lakers or clippers threads?

AirtimeLavey
    Pissing match???? It is called a debate and I like to list REAL numbers to compare these two teams in the HERE and NOW. Not just spout out dribble with no facts to base it on except for the 2-0 record with 80 to go....lol
    Clips might even be down 0-2 after tonight but I know the real deal as far as the talent goes. If you take Kobe and EB out of the mix and offered up the Clippers or Lakers roster to any basketball executive they would take the Clippers roster almost every time. More talent is the answer Don. Simple as that.
    Alright...enough of this for now. This season is obviously going to be fun to watch and see how it plays out. Just cut back on that ritilan a bit Don. I want you to make it thru the season.....lol
    Wow. That is delusional. Take EB out, and Clips are no where.

Jyruiz
    Actually there are prizes for conferance and div titles as well. It's only the Lakers and the Celtics who only hang their championship banners.
    I know there is, but what do those really mean, look at Denver last year, they won there division with 44 wins, it means nothing. Who ever goes back in history and remembers or talks about the conference or division winner? Nobody.

eliminatedsprinter
    I don't know what myths I talked to you about or asked you to break There is only one thing to brag about in the NBA, and that is a championship, nobody gets a prize for 2nd,
    Since you like busting NBA myths I'll bust this one.
    There are also prizes for conference and div titles. The Lakers and the Celtics are the only teams that only hang their NBA Championship banners. :wink:

Jyruiz
    Since you like busting NBA myths I'll but this one.
    There are also prizes for conference and div titles. The Lakers and the Celtics are the only teams that only hang their NBA Championship banners. :wink:
    I am kind of lost here, since I never asked anybody to bust any myths. And you are correct, if the Lakers and Celtics did that, there would be no room in the rafters for the lights, scoreboard, retired numbers and anything else that has to go up there.

Jyruiz
    Me delusional? lol That is funny. Bottom line the Lakers have played well without Kobe to begin the season. All of 2 games. Since they are undefeated without him maybe they are better without him? Of course not, right?
    Top/Bottom the Clippers have a better team and I stand by my "delusional" statement. Any general manager/talent scout in the NBA would be delusional also then.
    It seems I am the only Clipper fan left standing here and the reason is simply because I don't jump on/off the ship.
    Juan....You really are more of a LF than a CF. That I am sure of more than ever.
    Tom,
    I have always said I have been, like I have always said, the Lakers were here first. I do however root for the Clipps when they play againts everybody else and don't get to bummed when they beat the Lakers. I and I also do stick up
    for the Clipps, when ever possible. It is real fun watching you and Don go back and forth though.

eliminatedsprinter
    I know there is, but what do those really mean, look at Denver last year, they won there division with 44 wins, it means nothing. Who ever goes back in history and remembers or talks about the conference or division winner? Nobody.
    A little perspective please....................
    Those things mean plenty (not to mention money)
    Most teams hang their conferance and div banners and brag a lot about what they have.
    P.S. I'll bet if your son played on a NBA conferance championship team that lost in the finals, it would mean something to you.......
    It reminds me of what Michele Kuan said when some idiot reporter asked her what it felt like to lose the gold medal. She replied "I didn't lose the gold, I won the silver". It was a classy response that most sports fans really need to take to heart.

AirtimeLavey
    Me delusional? lol That is funny. Bottom line the Lakers have played well without Kobe to begin the season. All of 2 games. Since they are undefeated without him maybe they are better without him? Of course not, right?
    Top/Bottom the Clippers have a better team and I stand by my "delusional" statement. Any general manager/talent scout in the NBA would be delusional also then.
    It seems I am the only Clipper fan left standing here and the reason is simply because I don't jump on/off the ship.
    Juan....You really are more of a LF than a CF. That I am sure of more than ever.
    There's your cred., your loyalty. However sad, and hard that may be... :crossx: You're right as far as the current opions around the league, and the media. Lakers will prove them all just haters...
    I've tried to watch the Clips, and just can't get into them. I like EB, Cassell, Mobley, Mag when he plays, but not a big fan of Dunleavy, Kaman, Livingston, etc... No real justafiable reason. I'd respect the team more if they moved to Anaheim or something. While they're in LA, they'll always be the step-children/J.V.

Jyruiz
    Nobody said you mentioned any myths. LF's, specifically ATL and Mr. Ritilan are the ones spouting off about how young and talented the Lakers bench is -vs- the Clippers bench. It just isn't so and I felt like the record needed straightened out regarding that with facts.
    Just so there is no mis-communication (if there ever was one) I am very clear on this:
    F THE LAKERS!
    Need anymore clarification?
    Alright, it just looked like you were directinig towards me. and about the clarification, there is no need, we know how you feel, but please, don't hold back.

eliminatedsprinter
    Is it just me? Or is R. Turiaff a Kurt Rambis Jr........

Jyruiz
    LOL...What kind of beer do you drink anyhow Juan?
    I have gotten use to CL, the national river beer.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast