Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putting Top down on Convertible

ChumpChange
    Is it illegal to drop the top at a stoplight? Just wondering if I can get pulled over for doing that.

squirt'nmyload
    don't think so....but in CA it's a possibility

AZKC
    Not in our 325I it take 3 adults and a magician to get it down and stored. :220v: I was just talking to Ziggy about this. But this is just an ole 87 daily driver not the new hi tech zoot stuff

ChumpChange
    Not in our 325I it take 3 adults and a magician to get it down and stored. :220v: I was just talking to Ziggy about this. But this is just an ole 87 daily driver not the new hi tech zoot stuff
    All this one takes is a button. Back comes up, top goes down, back covers it. It can be put up or down up to 35mph per the manual so that is where the questions arises. Sometimes I'll drop it as I sit in traffic on the freeway.

squirt'nmyload
    It can be put up or down up to 35mph per the manual so that is where the questions arises. .
    lmao.....i wouldn't have the nuts to do that!!! i had a hardtop fly off my jeep at about 65 on the freeway...it was not a pretty sight

NashvilleBound
    All this one takes is a button. Back comes up, top goes down, back covers it. It can be put up or down up to 35mph per the manual so that is where the questions arises. Sometimes I'll drop it as I sit in traffic on the freeway
    Whats wrong with that statement???
    Mine takes about 5 seconds to go either way....all manuel, at a stop with trunk up......good thing is its rated at 200 mph plus

Legal Chemistry
    I have a "one handed" drop top for nearly 15 years and never been ticketed. So I don't think it's an issue...

3 daytona`s
    Is it illegal to drop the top at a stoplight? Just wondering if I can get pulled over for doing that.
    The rest of out here hate you people,and it is the next thing down from a CAPITAL OFFENSE

Trailer Park Casanova
    No, it's not illegal in Cali., but some cars won't drop it/raise it fast enough.
    Our Honda S2000 is super quick.

wsuwrhr
    I have a "one handed" drop top for nearly 15 years and never been ticketed. So I don't think it's an issue...
    I have to agree.
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast