Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnaflow water pump help

draggin craft
    I am having an issue with my magnaflow water pump not engaging with my cam drive. I am running Nixon motor plates. The flange that the water pump bolts to is pretty stout. I need the drive for my water pump to extend in about 1/2" more than it does now. The drive cog on the water pump is removable. Do they sell different drives for different applications? Any one have similar problems? Trying to get to the water for the first time this weekend... Help...
    George

BGMAN203
    Sounds like the actual cam drive has been cut down. How tall is the slot on the drive?

The Nicson covers were thicker and came with a longer drive than the Glenwood cover. Those longer Nicson drives are no longer available that I know of. It sounds like you may be trying to use a Glenwood cam drive on a Nicson cover... too short. The Glenwood Magnaflow pump should bolt right onto a Nicson cover and mate up properly if you had a Nicson Pump cam drive.
    I would build a spacer to place behind your cam drive and use longer bolts.

roger that. build a spacer that you can put behind the pump piece bolted to the cam or have the cover machined where the pump mounts if that is possible.

sangervdrive
    Yeah, spacer or just make a new drive button, it wouldn't be too hard.

Are you running a roller cam or a gear drive that requires a button to stop cam walk??
    Your spacer thickness could be verry critical.

draggin craft
    No roller cam, gear drive -yes. I have a neighbor who is a machinist and I am having a new pump drive cog made. Its the easiest fix.. everything else required pulling the motor or spending $$$ on different part "ideas". I will post pics of what i did and what my combo looks like - just incase anyone else runs accross this problem.
    Thanks for the help!
    George

QuickJet
    No roller cam, gear drive -yes. I have a neighbor who is a machinist and I am having a new pump drive cog made. Its the easiest fix.. everything else required pulling the motor or spending $$$ on different part "ideas". I will post pics of what i did and what my combo looks like - just incase anyone else runs accross this problem.
    Thanks for the help!
    George
    Sean (Colechillen) told me to tell you "that thing is a turd"!
    Hurry up with that thing George. Matt's waiting patiently to put some woop ass all over your V-drive with his Jet!!

QuickJet
    In case you forgot, here's a pic of your alligator Captain Hook. :yuk: :crossx: http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...1-0005-med.JPG

draggin craft
    Sean (Colechillen) told me to tell you "that thing is a turd"!
    Hurry up with that thing George. Matt's waiting patiently to put some woop ass all over your V-drive with his Jet!!
    LOL.. Welp.. MY "turd" is still faster than the boat Sean owns.. wanna see a picture of it.. :
    :rollside: nice boat huh.. notice how it takes a set.. ya know whats funny.. sean has NOT owned a boat longer than he HAS owned a boat.. Imagine that..
    Oh and matt... You cant wim em all..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast