Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WetWillies DCB F-29

Three Days Only
    Okay here it goes...................
    Everyone on the boards that knows me, knows that I am pro true tunnel and anti training wheels on cats.
    Well on Sunday Bill (Wetwillie), Charley (King Of The Cult), and I went out in Bills DCB. Thats right, you heard me correct a DCB, I actually put the Spectre in storage and went out in a DCB F-29 with a single Teague TCM1200 (detuned to around 1000HP) with a single SSM#6. I got to admit that after watching the boat run on Saturday I wanted to check it out, and was wondering how the boat ran with a single #6 drive.
    I need to start this by admitting that I have never been impressed with any of the DCB's with the exception of No Pass. Most of the boats I see on the river have a extremely long plane time and seem to run extremely wet even while at high speeds. Bills boat comes on plane with zero effort and almost zero bow rise while rolling over in that transitional period. It also seems to run a lot dryer on the bottom meaning the boat takes a higher stance at speed and the water breaks much closer to the rear end of the boat in comparison to other f-29's I have seen running. I’m really not sure if its the #6 drive or just his set up on the boat. I was completely blown away by Bills boat. It ran extremely well at all speeds, without any porpoise unless the boat was really far out of trim. Even out of trim the porpoise was so minimal that compared to my boat I would be happy as a guy with 30 vagina's in the same bed (not that I would know what to do with all of them, but whatever).
    We left from Crazy horse, picked up Charley and then ran down to the springs. Running on glass water is not exactly the best conditions for a cat, Bill got her up to 113 (Charley will say 112) at 6200 rpm and the boat was just solid as a rock!! We encountered some of the ski racer's on the way down and the boat ran flat through all the chop never even making me consider I was in a 29' cat. I was even more surprised when Bill said drive it!! You can all talk your shit............but I got in the driver seat got her on plane and ran her up to around 100, no porpoise, no hick-ups, just one hell of a solid feeling boat. This particular DCB F-29 was the first cat I have ever been in that no matter what speed you traveled she laid down perfect with no porpoise and never got out of shape.
    I of course checked out the rigging, interior, flex in the bow (none), and fit and finish. Everything in my opinion was top notch except for the fact that the cabin is not a cabin in anyway. The cabin, in my opinion is storage and pretty much pointless. So for all you guys that say, I got a DCB for the cabin (whatever) you cant even fit under there unless your 10 years old or built like a tiny chick!! Every wire, fuel line, water line, and oil line was cushioned clamped and zip tied perfectly straight in a race rigged appearance. Motor placement was forward due to the Huber transmission which made getting to the rear of the motor extremely easy compared to the bravo installs I have seen in the same model boat. Gauges, Throttles, & Steering was all top notch (Gaffrig, Marine Machine, Etc.) as you would expect from a boat with a TCM1200 and a SSM#6 drive.
    So my conclusion.............Bill's F-29 with the #6 is one hell of a package. You cant compare the F-29 to a large east coast cat in a sense that they are designed for different uses and drive and run completely different it just isn’t apples to apples. With all that said, a DCB F-29 with a Teague TCM1200 and a #6 drive is one hell of a boat with outstanding performance and for the last time, zero porpoise. Performance at 113 miles per hour with more speed available if the motors where actually cranked up to 1200hp, half the problems of a twin engine boat, and the reliability of a #6 drive. How could ask for anything more then that.
    Happy boating Bill, you got a winner!! Even if it is for just one more season before you pull the 43' Tencara with Torque V-12's and two BPM surface drives.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...asonssmall.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._Drive-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Bill1Motor.jpg

Charley
    ***boat needs to hire you dude....
    not for write ups, you would be the ugly bitch that makes the bikini models feel sexy about themselves
    JK jeffy son.... yer lil write up is dead nuts IMHO, and i'm very impressed that Jeffy isn't too brainwashed to admit when he sees a nice boat from either coast, cool hangin out with you sunday we hope you enjoyed the cooolaid muhahahahaha

jackpunx
    great reprt!!..

hot_diggity_dog
    hope you enjoyed the cooolaid muhahahahaha
    I knew it you spiked his drink! :2purples:
    3DO Drank the Koolaide :hammer2:
    HDD

Jrocket
    Bills boat is setup very nice indeed.

Reaper1
    Good write up Jeff! Nice boat Willie! Just make sure the chi wa wa doesn't fly out at a buck 12. :jawdrop:

Three Days Only
    Thats all you guys got!!! I was in a DCB all day on sunday and thats all the shit im going to get.
    Are you fags getting soft or what??
    Pussies!!

Jrocket
    Thats all you guys got!!! I was in a DCB all day on sunday and thats all the shit im going to get.
    Pussies!!
    I'll wait until my hood is done.

DrewDown
    Pussies!!
    Don't be so hard on yourself.
    There's nothing wrong with being in a DCB all day.
    That was coolaid you poured the bottle of goose into, not cranberry.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast