Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to Do????

BRSTQUEST
    I don't know what to do. Well I take that back, I know what I want to do just not sure what other people think.
    I had a person on this board do some stereo work for me. They work for a large custom stereo shop and have given advise and opinion on this board before. I had them install a very mild stereo upgrade in my truck. I have had problems with it from the very start. One of the pieces installed was a JL Cleansweep. The entire system is JL with the stock headunit. The installer thought the trouble was the Cleansweep and removed it and installed a normal line converter in its place. We had the understanding the Cleansweep would be replaced or I would get my money back. I have sent the installer several PM's and e-mails, but I have not gotten a response. Iam still having problems with the system and I want to either get money back for cleansweep or have it replaced.....
    The problem is do I "out" this person or what???? I don't want anyone to take me being kind for easy. I think I have been more than patient and am tired of my stuff not working. Hopefully the installer reads this and handles the situation correctly....
    Thanks, any suggestions would be appreciated

RitcheyRch
    Take it back to their shop and have them try to fix it again.

BRSTQUEST
    This job was done as a side job, and was installed at his house. He has looked at it twice but it still does not work.

Mandelon
    That sucks. Maybe this will help them find time to get to it....

Nord
    are you having problems with motor noise???
    Replace that stock head unit. I'm guessing there is a RCA converter in there somewhere and making noise.
    Is that it??
    What are the symptoms??

blown dough
    Cleansweep that's 100% of the problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardly Satisfied
    let him know your going to post this on the boards

Nord
    let him know your going to post this on the boards
    I have a feeling, he already knows....................

JetBoatRich
    Looks like you are making him aware of your concern by starting this thread

a catered life
    since you asked
    first off remember its your money and your truck...but i dont think you should have aired it on here.... thats your opinion...personally i would rather approach the person and demand that they start over on the install from the start....i hope that if he is a fellow boater then he will have the heart and friendship and be decent about it and fix the problem.....but to be really honest with you...you f'ed up by letting someone do it at their home regardless of who the are...your vechile is a expensive part of your life and you should always make sure if your going to do something without a written reciept you better be prepared to accept the issues that come with a under the table jobs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast