Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keaton Boats

Magnuman
    Does any one have any information on Keaton Boats? I am interested in the direct drives that were made.
    I would appreciate a lead if any one knows the whereabouts an 18'-20'one for sale.
    Thanks.

bilgewiper
    I got a old 66 with a 429 Caddy engine that I picked up for those times when I need to go slow but still look cool.....LOL, Doubt anything would make me look cool! Try looking at http://www.sacbee.com in the classifieds. Since Keaton boats were made in Sacramento they show up regularly in that paper. About three weeks ago there was one listed. Try the archieve classified listing on that web site.
    Ethan

bilgewiper
    Just looked in todays paper. There is a 67 with a 318 listed. 530-673-3591 or 916-391-5222
    Ethan

there was one on e-bay last week.
    The guy selling the boat had a very large history of Keaton boats printed in the add too. If it's already gone, you can do a serch of recently sold items and at least read about the company.
    [This message has been edited by old rigger (edited May 08, 2002).]

Heads up
    I have a 63', 20ft, left hand steering, direct drive w/ a velva drive. Its pretty clean, we just freshen up the 389 pontiac. I am looking to sell it after this season or maybe earler.
    [This message has been edited by Heads up (edited May 08, 2002).]

bilgewiper
    Hey, Heads Up.......is yours really a Keaton? Lets see some pictures didn't know they were ever made 20' long.
    Magnuman, I just remembered another one that was for sale last year that might still be, considering I just saw it today (completly shrink wrapped in storage..owner wasnt there) It's all white and has been completly restored with a SBC if I remember right. You would have to pay dearly for it I am sure. E-Mail me if your interested (in above profile)And I can drum up the owners # for you
    Ethan

Heads up
    To be honest I'm not sure what length it is. I'm pretty sure it is a Keaton thats what it says on the boat and registration. I'll try to get a pic posted. Do you have any idea what a good price is for one of these boats.
    [This message has been edited by Heads up (edited May 08, 2002).]

Magnuman
    Thanks for the response.
    Heads up,
    I'd appreciate a photo e-mailed to me if you have one. What type of shape is it in?
    Old rigger,
    The one on e-bay is only 16', and I'm a little worried on how that would handle. Any comments regarding that size?
    Bilgewiper,
    I have sent you an e-mail.

Magnuman
    I just called on the boat in SacBee. It is an 18' 1967. Original get with a rebuilt 318 Chrysler.
    He is asking $4,500.00. It sounds like it needs either new paint or gel and re-upholstery. I'd rather not restore if I can help it.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magnuman:
    Old rigger,
    The one on e-bay is only 16', and I'm a little worried on how that would handle. Any comments regarding that size?
    Magnuman,
    No comments from me, I mentioned the one on e-bay because you said you wanted some info and this add had some.
    I only knew about this boat because my son's name is Keaton (named him after Buster Keaton) and a friend saw the boat and told me about it. I'd never seen one before.
    [This message has been edited by old rigger (edited May 08, 2002).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast