Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dental Work in Mexico (Algodones)

2Driver
    The news did a big thing on it here a while back. I took away the following to be sure you are legal
    Written prescription in the transporters name (meaning your stuff), no narcotics.
    I guy from AZ was stuck in Mexican jail bringing back heart medicine for his wife about a year ago. The scrpt was in her name not his. They finally got him out but it took a while. I guess you take your chances on what day it is and who is looking for stuff. Not me.

sdpm
    When I went through customs they asked me if I was a US citizen, if I was declaring anything, purpose of my visit and on my way I went evertime. I did get a percription for some pain pills that the doctor gave me as well as some antibotics wich I filled there and brought back and they (customs) didn't even want to look in the bag! All the snow birds down there have bags and I mean BIG bags of drugs, pills, you name it and they never get even looked at either. I wouldn't chance it either bringing something back without a percription. Not worth it. Food and beer was also great and cheap.

unleashed
    We go to Algondonas every year over christmas and thanksgiving vacation. I get Somas, vicodines and several other drugs. They are 10 times cheaper there...I often sample the liquor as well and bring back cartoons of cigerettes for my parents. Customs are really cool there....literally there are 500 permanent snowbirds living accross the border in there motorhomes. They go there to get all the cheap drugs! You can drive your sandrail from buttercup or Glamis right to the border...pretty cool!
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

2Driver
    I get Somas, vicodines and several other drugs. They are 10 times cheaper there...I often sample the liquor as well and bring back cartoons of cigerettes for my parents.
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
    Vicodine, Kaluaha, Marlboro's...don't forget the chicklets for desert

Mrs.Killer
    Ahhhh, there's nothing like having insurance in good ol USA...

Biglue
    I hear they import all their teeth from Kingman AZ.....

voodoomedman
    Ahhhh, there's nothing like having insurance in good ol USA...
    Exactly.
    I also wonder how cheap can it be to make the risks worth it.
    I mean a my last filling was invoiced at 121 bucks. Although I pay very little after insurance is billed. But if I had to pay for it out of pocket I would still do it because I'd have to waste a whole day going into Mexico and all the worries that go with it and getting Mexican work done and I'd pay at least half of that in gas. Now maybe I could see it if you lived real close to the border but........

Outnumbered
    Naaa, ya ain't gonna get bagged.
    The local florist lady goes there and swears by it.
    Get all your painkillers while you're at it down there too.
    TPC ain't gonna bag on ya...he picked up his last dentist in front of Home Depot :rollside: :rollside:
    J/K TPC. I Couldn't resist after the last bash TPC thread about supporting day laborers.

Outnumbered
    For what its worth. No way I would have anything done in Mexico unless it was an emergency. I'm sure the health officials are easily greased down there. You may end up with AIDS or Hepatitis from dirty drills and shit...no thanks. Call pe paranoid but no way :argue: BTW, I don't have dental insurance. I pay out of pocket. You can negotiate a cash discount with your dentist, just have to ask.

Mrs.Killer
    Exactly.
    I also wonder how cheap can it be to make the risks worth it.
    I mean a my last filling was invoiced at 121 bucks. Although I pay very little after insurance is billed. But if I had to pay for it out of pocket I would still do it because I'd have to waste a whole day going into Mexico and all the worries that go with it and getting Mexican work done and I'd pay at least half of that in gas. Now maybe I could see it if you lived real close to the border but........
    I hear ya, i would never let any Mexico Doc work on me. I don't trust and third world country with my health....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast