Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dental Work in Mexico (Algodones)

SHOTKALLIN
    the home depot parking lot is full of pretty dental work for examples of the quality.

Trailer Park Casanova
    I'm duel (sic) insured, and still the out of pocket is expensive.
    The peeps I know that go there seem to be happy.
    I never would because I can afford not to, and yeah it is a risk.
    Neighbor 14 year old girl died recently when her pnumonia was diagnosed by a local American doctor as childhood asthma.
    In someone elses shoes, damfino. If I was broke, and needed the dental work badly,, maybe.

sdpm
    Exactly.
    I also wonder how cheap can it be to make the risks worth it.
    I mean a my last filling was invoiced at 121 bucks. Although I pay very little after insurance is billed. But if I had to pay for it out of pocket I would still do it because I'd have to waste a whole day going into Mexico and all the worries that go with it and getting Mexican work done and I'd pay at least half of that in gas. Now maybe I could see it if you lived real close to the border but........
    Voodo, I couldn't agree with you more. If I only had 1 cavity I would have done the same. I was hit in the mouth with a baseball bat when I was a kid standing in the on-deck circle and had 6 teeth busted out. When the dentist here in San Diego did the repait and crowns he did a lousy job. It has got to a point that now I have to have them fixed as well as 1 root canal and 1 bridge and some gum graphs to repair the damage. I was quoted $14,000 from my kids dentist and even higher from another. I have 3 more visits down there to finish up and my bill will be right around $1600.00. Everyone that I talked too there having work done or have had it done says the same thing and come back every year.
    Yes, I wish I had insurance as well but I don't and alot of others don't either!
    You should see all the older people down there that don't have insurance or their insurance won't cover it or only pay 60 or 80% and it is still cheaper for them to get it done there cash out of pocket. What do you do??

voodoomedman
    Voodo, I couldn't agree with you more. If I only had 1 cavity I would have done the same. I was hit in the mouth with a baseball bat when I was a kid standing in the on-deck circle and had 6 teeth busted out. When the dentist here in San Diego did the repait and crowns he did a lousy job. It has got to a point that now I have to have them fixed as well as 1 root canal and 1 bridge and some gum graphs to repair the damage. I was quoted $14,000 from my kids dentist and even higher from another. I have 3 more visits down there to finish up and my bill will be right around $1600.00. Everyone that I talked too there having work done or have had it done says the same thing and come back every year.
    Yes, I wish I had insurance as well but I don't and alot of others don't either!
    You should see all the older people down there that don't have insurance or their insurance won't cover it or only pay 60 or 80% and it is still cheaper for them to get it done there cash out of pocket. What do you do??
    I understand your point costwise. But still there are many many risks you are taking. I'm sure there are many people down there raving about it. My Havasu neighbors do and their friends do the same thing. But tell me this. When your in Mexico and your car gets stolen and you didn't get Mexican insurance then where is your savings. When some hack screws up your mouth and your disfigured or can't eat straight and have no recourse then where is your savings. Again I understand and maybe some people have no other choice but my wife and I have busted our a$$e$ in order to be able to have good jobs with insurance and be able to afford the copays to see whatever doctors or dentists I choose in the good ol US of A.

HocusPocus
    my wifes parents have been going to mexico for years to get their dental work done for as long as i can remember, they have never had a bad experience. the dentist the use will even come in on a weekend if the appt is made in advance.

Mrs.Killer
    my wifes parents have been going to mexico for years to get their dental work done for as long as i can remember, they have never had a bad experience. the dentist the use will even come in on a weekend if the appt is made in advance.
    Do you think they would continue to go if a bad experience happens?? You can't sue the Doc, because you won't be able to find him the next day....

HocusPocus
    Do you think they would continue to go if a bad experience happens??
    if they had any kind of bad experience they would stop going. they guy they use has had the same office the whole time they have used him.
    You can't sue the Doc, because you won't be able to find him the next day.... i know.. i have told them that. they don't have any medical or dental and no way can they afford a dentist in the states.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I used to know a dentist that worked in Mexico. He an American but practiced in Mexico becuase it was way cheaper overhead. Can't say that I would ever go to Mex for dental work though. I have a friend who has all her plastic surgery done there. No thanks!
    :boxed:

Mrs.Killer
    And to think of all the illegals that live here in USA are getting free dental insurance, courtesy of your taxes. Some of you have to go to Mexico and still pay......Is the system screwed or what??????????

sdpm
    I understand your point costwise. But still there are many many risks you are taking. I'm sure there are many people down there raving about it. My Havasu neighbors do and their friends do the same thing. But tell me this. When your in Mexico and your car gets stolen and you didn't get Mexican insurance then where is your savings. When some hack screws up your mouth and your disfigured or can't eat straight and have no recourse then where is your savings. Again I understand and maybe some people have no other choice but my wife and I have busted our a$$e$ in order to be able to have good jobs with insurance and be able to afford the copays to see whatever doctors or dentists I choose in the good ol US of A.
    Again Voodo, I totally agree with you and great for you guys. There is a giant parking lot on this side of the border that is ran by an Indian Tribe that costs $3.00 to park and they have guards driving all around as well as overhead cameras. Believe me I felt the same way as you until I went. They have all the latest equiptment, computers, instant x-ray machines and very clean inside . These dentist have been there for many years with repete clients. If they were all that bad and had that many problems or illnesses I don't think they would still be there. Everything is referral for them. But you are right. I am taking a chance. Maybe even a pretty big chance. But what I have seen and heard from all the other "Americans" there, I feel very comfortable.
    Trust me, I'm not advertising or suggesting that everyone go down there, but if you have no other choice I'm just letting others know that it is there and might work for them. That's all.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast