Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dental Work in Mexico (Algodones)

RitcheyRch
    Isnt that the truth.
    And to think of all the illegals that live here in USA are getting free dental insurance, courtesy of your taxes. Some of you have to go to Mexico and still pay......Is the system screwed or what??????????

SummitKarl
    I thought about doing the Mex thing being as I live in Havasu, but it just didn't seem like it was worth the risk with gas costs involved
    I have been through ALOT!!! of dental work over the last year and have been paying cash. when it's $150 for a 3 side filling here, really it just didn't seem worth the 400mi or so round trip. I paid $450 for a gold crown here in Havasu with four trips to the Doc to get it to fit surely it was more cost effective to stay here, I am glad I did stay in the U.S. and pay cash, dentist will usually give you a better price if you tell them up front "I am paying cash" so there are no INS. hassles for them, I am also glad I stayed here because I found a GREAT!! dentist 1/4mi. from my home that I am very pleased with and I get a tax write off for it, so for me the Mex thing just didn't seem best.

sdpm
    Karl, this is one of the reasons I went there. My parents live in Havasu and my dad went to a dentist there in town and got an estimate for his work for $12,00.00. Then he went up to Kingman to see another dentist that someone reccommended. Was quoted close to $15,000.00. He was told from some snowbirds about this Algodones Dental area and told him to go see this Dr. Ramos (which now I have found out that he is very well known allover the USA). My dad is the kind of person from the old school and would have never even thought about going to Mexico for anything let alone Dental or Medical work. He and my mom decided to go and take alook and talked to alot of other americans there and after talking to the dentist and seeing there operation he decided to go for it. He called me after his first visit and had nothing but good things to say. When he was all done (after 4 trips there) he could not be happier. He said it was the best fitting dentures he has ever had and his crowns look perfect. They also removed all his silver fillings and replaced them with porcelin. His total bill was $2600.00. This is why I decided to go take alook myself. I am only 2hrs away and when I saw what he did and talked to others I decided to do it as well. Like you said, if it is only a simple filling or something minor do it here. I'm sure it is not for everyone. I just wanted others to know it was availible and let them know what it is all about. I think there are alot of people out there in my same situtation and don't know what to do and I just thought it might help. The more you ask around people here the more you will find people that go there or they know someone that does.

sam pioske
    I have been going to Mexican dentists for some time, now i go to Hungarian Dentists [Budapest] Good dentists usually Britts use German eqiupment----saved maybe 10K$ and what Night life for the few days !

Kilrtoy
    I dont care how much it cost
    MY LIFE IS TOO IMPORTANT TO RISK LOSING OVER A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS

sdpm
    Not everyone is as fortunate as you are. I think my life is important also. I think everyones is.

Kilrtoy
    Not everyone is as fortunate as you are. I think my life is important also. I think everyones is.
    You own a boat?
    Sell it and get your new grills

sdpm
    Your'e right.

3 daytona`s
    Karl, this is one of the reasons I went there. My parents live in Havasu and my dad went to a dentist there in town and got an estimate for his work for $12,00.00. Then he went up to Kingman to see another dentist that someone reccommended. Was quoted close to $15,000.00. He was told from some snowbirds about this Algodones Dental area and told him to go see this Dr. Ramos (which now I have found out that he is very well known allover the USA). My dad is the kind of person from the old school and would have never even thought about going to Mexico for anything let alone Dental or Medical work. He and my mom decided to go and take alook and talked to alot of other americans there and after talking to the dentist and seeing there operation he decided to go for it. He called me after his first visit and had nothing but good things to say. When he was all done (after 4 trips there) he could not be happier. He said it was the best fitting dentures he has ever had and his crowns look perfect. They also removed all his silver fillings and replaced them with porcelin. His total bill was $2600.00. This is why I decided to go take alook myself. I am only 2hrs away and when I saw what he did and talked to others I decided to do it as well. Like you said, if it is only a simple filling or something minor do it here. I'm sure it is not for everyone. I just wanted others to know it was availible and let them know what it is all about. I think there are alot of people out there in my same situtation and don't know what to do and I just thought it might help. The more you ask around people here the more you will find people that go there or they know someone that does.
    Don`t listen to Mr. and Mrs. Kilr they don`t pay their own healthcare so not a worry.By the way the health care down there is A-O.K. The Line is out the door.

SMILEMAKER
    Yea, I love fixing/redoing all the cheap dental work people have done in mexico. To each their own, just my lousy opinion, I've only been an expert examiner for California Dental Board exams for 16 years. Ever heard the saying "ya gets whats ya pays for"!!!!!
    Oh well, I'm just another "rich" dentist liv'n in the good old US of A.....
    Pay me a little now or a lot later....
    Later, Dr. Rick Lindley DDS FICD INC