Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Dental Work in Mexico (Algodones)

Kilrtoy
    Don`t listen to Mr. and Mrs. Kilr they don`t pay their own healthcare so not a worry.By the way the health care down there is A-O.K. The Line is out the door.
    See that is where u are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG
    the wife paid thousands of dollars on her own making barely more than minimum wage when she was a teenager, WHY
    because she wanted pretty teeth, Sometimes you speak , WAIT, almost all the time you speak way too soon without any facts

unleashed
    Bottom line is some people just can't afford health care and prescription prices here in the US. To sit here and belittle those people cause they have to go to Mexico to get stuff done is BS. There are a host of elderly people that campout all winter to get things done that they just CANNOT AFFORD to do here in the good ole USA. They are in fact taking a risk...but it is there risk that unfortunatly they HAVE TO TAKE! Pharmacutical companies, surgeons, HMO's have everything stacked in there favor here in the US. AFFORDABLE healthcare...is a joke. I make alot of money and pay out of my own pocket for insurance and it is ungodly expensive...I can't even imagine living on an average income and having to forkover so much money a month for healthcare. For the average wage earner I feel for ya!
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Kilrtoy
    For the average wage earner I feel for ya!
    Deano
    Thank you,
    Can I have some free clothes IM FREEZING
    :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

unleashed
    Thank you,
    Can I have some free clothes IM FREEZING
    :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:
    Man...can you just post some photos of the lovely mrs Kilr...Please???? :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
    You guys have to get to glamis sometime this winter...just get the kids some paddle tires and you're in. You're not that far you could make it a day trip with you and the son!
    Deano

Trailer Park Casanova
    I have been going to Mexican dentists for some time, now i go to Hungarian Dentists [Budapest] Good dentists usually Britts use German eqiupment----saved maybe 10K$ and what Night life for the few days !
    Did ya bring back and firecrackers and switchblades??

sdpm
    Deano, you are so right. Sure I could have sold my pontoon boat (maybe) to get my teeth fixed, but what about the older folks like you said (snowbirds) that are down there right now and more on the way that have no insurance or medicare or suplimental insurance. What do they do? They don't have that option. What happens to them? I saw it and talked to people that retired from good jobs and still can't get dental work here.

SummitKarl
    Karl, this is one of the reasons I went there. My parents live in Havasu and my dad went to a dentist there in town and got an estimate for his work for $12,00.00. Then he went up to Kingman to see another dentist that someone reccommended. Was quoted close to $15,000.00. He was told from some snowbirds about this Algodones Dental area and told him to go see this Dr. Ramos (which now I have found out that he is very well known allover the USA). My dad is the kind of person from the old school and would have never even thought about going to Mexico for anything let alone Dental or Medical work. He and my mom decided to go and take alook and talked to alot of other americans there and after talking to the dentist and seeing there operation he decided to go for it. He called me after his first visit and had nothing but good things to say. When he was all done (after 4 trips there) he could not be happier. He said it was the best fitting dentures he has ever had and his crowns look perfect. They also removed all his silver fillings and replaced them with porcelin. His total bill was $2600.00. This is why I decided to go take alook myself. I am only 2hrs away and when I saw what he did and talked to others I decided to do it as well. Like you said, if it is only a simple filling or something minor do it here. I'm sure it is not for everyone. I just wanted others to know it was availible and let them know what it is all about. I think there are alot of people out there in my same situtation and don't know what to do and I just thought it might help. The more you ask around people here the more you will find people that go there or they know someone that does.
    sounds like it is good for the big stuff, hopefully I am years away from needing the big work done, but yes I know plenty of people here that do go to Mex for their work, my neighbor across the street from me does it all the time, but he is retired and has the time to do it.
    let your parents know from a guy that has seen many a dentist in San Diego, I am very pleased with Dr. Edward Hann 855.3000 in Lake Havasu, way cool Doc. and a VERY CUTE!!!! and highly modified dental assistant

Havasu1986
    [QUOTE=SMILEMAKER]
    Oh well, I'm just another "rich" dentist liv'n in the good old US of A.....
    Mt dentist who is also my freind and got his degree at U.S.C. is living large. A house in the hills of Yorba Linda. A house and boat on Canyon Lake. All the toys you need and vacations in tropical places. And only works 4 days a week. But he works his arse off. All because of insurance $

SummitKarl
    Bottom line is some people just can't afford health care and prescription prices here in the US. To sit here and belittle those people cause they have to go to Mexico to get stuff done is BS. There are a host of elderly people that campout all winter to get things done that they just CANNOT AFFORD to do here in the good ole USA. They are in fact taking a risk...but it is there risk that unfortunatly they HAVE TO TAKE! Pharmacutical companies, surgeons, HMO's have everything stacked in there favor here in the US. AFFORDABLE healthcare...is a joke. I make alot of money and pay out of my own pocket for insurance and it is ungodly expensive...I can't even imagine living on an average income and having to forkover so much money a month for healthcare. For the average wage earner I feel for ya!
    Deano
    Agreed you have to do what you have to do to make it, especially those on a fixed income, health care is ungodly expensive and it's a shame in this day and age the U.S. can't get it done as well as some other countries, it's a very expensive lesson I am learning right now, lost my eyesight in my left eye 3 weeks ago, $2500 later ($1400 in prescriptions) my vision is slowly returning, but I may face lower back surgery to completely stop this from happening again......I am going to need a HELOC just to see again oh that hurt I not suppose to roll my eyes right now :rollside:

Kilrtoy
    Since it was deleted,
    WOULD YOU GET OR LET YOUR WIFE GETA BOOB JOB IN MEXICO

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast