Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Dental Work in Mexico (Algodones)

fatboy95
    This is for anyone here or you might know that needs dental work and has no insurance or can't afford it in the USA, I am on my 4th trip down there for all my neglected dental needs and can tell you from experiance and with talking to all the others from all over the USA and Canada that have been going there for many years that it is first class and about 10 % of what it costs here. I know that I am going to get bagged on about going there and supporting Mexico and all the other crap that go's with that, but I could not afford what I needed done here in the US and needed it very bad. I felt very safe at all times while there and the service and doctors and nurses are wonderful. If anyone is even thinking about it all I can say is do it. You won't regret it.
    Are your teeth chromed???

prkr247
    [QUOTE=SMILEMAKER]Yea, I love fixing/redoing all the cheap dental work people have done in mexico. To each their own, just my lousy opinion, I've only been an expert examiner for California Dental Board exams for 16 years. Ever heard the saying "ya gets whats ya pays for"!!!!!
    Oh well, I'm just another "rich" dentist liv'n in the good old US of A.....
    Pay me a little now or a lot later....
    Later, Dr. Rick Lindley DDS FICD INC :
    I couldn't agree more. I work for a dental company, so I too see all the redo of cases that were supposed to work for cheaper money. It's sad to see how many people do the wrong procedures and then how much it takes to fix the mistake. You definatly get what you pay for in dental....

lucky
    I don't wanna be in some mexico prison with some 300 pound mexican dude saying "You sure got some purty teeth" :jawdrop:
    ohh sure you don't you dam benchracer

Mrs.Killer
    Don`t listen to Mr. and Mrs. Kilr they don`t pay their own healthcare so not a worry.By the way the health care down there is A-O.K. The Line is out the door.
    Yeah, listen to Mr. Daytona. He's in the same line. No insurance huh?? Sucks for you.

sdpm
    Yea, I love fixing/redoing all the cheap dental work people have done in mexico. To each their own, just my lousy opinion, I've only been an expert examiner for California Dental Board exams for 16 years. Ever heard the saying "ya gets whats ya pays for"!!!!!
    Oh well, I'm just another "rich" dentist liv'n in the good old US of A.....
    Pay me a little now or a lot later....
    Later, Dr. Rick Lindley DDS FICD INC
    Dr. Lindley, I'm hopeing you will give me a truthful answer to this: Have you ever seen and or had to repair Dental work that was performed from someone here in the States? I'm no I'm not trying to be sarcastic either.

spectratoad
    The best part is no novacane, it's Tequila.

Wild Horses
    I couldn't agree more. I work for a dental company, so I too see all the redo of cases that were supposed to work for cheaper money. It's sad to see how many people do the wrong procedures and then how much it takes to fix the mistake. You definatly get what you pay for in dental....
    I have seen for a fact that sometimes here in the good ole USA that there is no warranty with dental work. Get a crown, 6 months later it falls off you go back and have to pay for a new one.
    Getting what you pay for is only as good as the people doing the work!!!!

2Driver
    Let's net it out.
    People choose Mexican healthcare because they rank "cost" of treatment as a priority in picking a healthcare provider. Generally, people choose quality of treatment as their first priority. It a matter of priorities.
    Take money out of the equation and I don’t think anybody would be rushing over the border for healthcare would they?

91nordic29
    the whole issue of medical/dental/prescription costs in the USA just disgusts me to no end. the cost for the premiums arethrough the roof. most people pay for insurance all thier lives and when one thing goes wrong... well you know what happens.
    to get a root canal on a small tooth and a crown, $1200 out - of - pocket. ridiculous.
    two daily prescriptions, $100 per month with insurance. and face it, after about age 40, things start happening/changing and as soon as you are diagnosed with even the smallest thing, heartburn e.g., you had better hope your insurance doesnt lapse for any reason. from then on, you will be "uninsurable" due to a "pre - existing condition". seniors typically have 3 or 4 prescriptions. with little or no coverage. some people just dont have a choice in the matter. there ought to be a law.
    walmart and target have bugun offering $4 generic prescriptions. pretty soon others will have to follow.
    as for going to mexico for dental work, more power to ya. whatever it takes. windy is right. most docs here are under pressure from the insurance industry and hospital board of director to think of the bottom line which, is not the patient. $$$$$$$

For my first post here (lurking a while) I will give some facts that may or may not change anyone's mind.
    I am a dentist and without question, some of the most horrific dentistry I have seen and repaired has come from offshore clinics or dentists trained offshore. I don't expect you to understand the details but it is as if the provider had no training whatsover. It can be more than ugly. Socialized countrys are even worse than Mexico. The worst offenders; Japan, England, France and the eastern bloc countries. All very bad news. They will provide services that will cost you a license here.
    I have a small practice and my fees are similar to some quoted here. I have been in practice for 16 years and just finished paying off my professional debts to get here. I don't know the margin on each procedure but at years end, 75 cents of every dollar (before taxes) goes to cover overhead. I have quality staff, use the best laoratories and materials and keep all my insurance coverages and education up to date. I write off $25-$50K each year for uncollected charges. The margin is not really profit in a investment sense, it is the wage I pay myself. I do well but primarily by working 70 hours a week.
    I know several tradesmen who earn more per hour than I do and don't have a 8 plus year university education. I consider myself lucky so please don't take this a bitching. I could be digging ditches if just a few bad decisions were made or my luck ran out.
    Dentistry is like doing fine detailed machine work but on a person's body. Things don't always go perfect. I stand behind everything I do (as do all my colleagues). I will repair/replace dentistry for people who are not honest enough to tell me they failed my instructions, got in a bar fight, brush with Mountain Dew etc. It is built into my fee.
    It is an old cliche but usually, you get what you pay for. No exception here.
    If you have a specific question and want a unbiased answer, PM me. I am way up north so I won't see you. I have nothing to gain by giving you an educated opinion.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast