Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BoatCop Reset Story: What's The biggest "Throw" Ya Ever Got Envolved with?:

NOTALENT
    If I get to be there and watch I would throw down a 20spot.

JB in so cal
    TPC, that avitar rocks.!!!!If that's wifey, you are a lucky man.

wsuwrhr
    I was thinking the same thing

BajaMike
    Yea, Ross.....
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/custo...ar14853_14.gif
    She's kinda distracting me from getting that airplane to fly off the conveyor belt.... :rollside:
    :rollside:

Flyinbowtie
    I would echo Boatcops's sentiments, as far as fights, etc. There is a truckload of paperwork for the officer, and second-guessing by Morning Quarter-backers will last years if you are pulled into federal court. I have been a couple of times. Not fun. So it needs to get real sketchy before hands-on is worth the hassle.
    We didn't have tasers, but the PR-24 side-handle baton makes a definative and unmistakeable sound when properly drawn. Never had to clock anbody with it, but came very, very close one night.
    I was involved in a horrific multi-scene multi-homicide call in 2001. (First to arrive at scene #2, 2 dead, 3 injured)
    Out of deference to the victims, I won't go in to detail. suffice it to say if ya been there ya don't need a description, if ya haven't, one wouldn't make any sense.
    I guess the spookiest call was a suicidal parolee-at-large in a remote area of the county about 22 miles from town. The guy was capping rounds at his neighbors' house about 200 yards away. Neighbor was primary R/P and reporting rounds hitting the house, pinning him and his family. We knew the suspect had a 30-30, and we knew him well enough to suspect he was seeking some assistance in commiting suicide.
    His tweaker squeeze was a secondary R/P and was in the place with him, stating that his intent was to cap her, then drive to town and cap his ex-wife if we didn't take him out first. She was bleeding from a buttstoke he had laid across her chin with the rifle, and could barely talk, then he pulled the plug on the phone. All the factors put us in a place where waiting him out wasn't going to work, and since there were no SWAT teams or other trick methods of engaging him in 1982, there were only two of us on duty, anyway. We low-crawled up towards the place to see if we could catch him outside and talk him down, or take whatever action we needed to take to prevent him from harming anyone else or leaving.
    We were about 30 yards off when he came out the front door with the rifle, sweeping the yard with it. I put an CAR-15 on him and can clearly remember my partner screaming at him to drop the weapon at the very same time I saw an infant child in held cradled in his left arm. The tweaker squeeze forgot to tell us about that.
    I had a pefect sight picture, watching him use his right arm as he lay the forestock of the rifle over the baby. barrel of rifle sweep the yard, and then he starts turning towards me.
    He saw the CAR, dropped the rifle and ran back in the house. We hit the house, he was locked in the bathroom the woman was screaming and pointing at the door. I put my size 12 1/2 right on the door, which removed it from the hinges, and gave us some diversion time to act.
    I had the baby in my arms shortly thereafter.
    I think he is in prison in Nevada now, he did about 8 years in Ca first.
    Baby went to adoption, and should have no memory of the incident at all.
    I'll never forget that sight picture. Never.

CBadDad
    How much we talkin here? Enough to raise laters boat? If so I might just head on out there and get myself "tazed."
    RD
    Count me in for the same amount I gave later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12