Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quotes which did irreparable and tangible harm to our troops...

Knotbad
    ...with comments from Liberals.
    Quotes Which Did Irreparable and Tangible Harm to Our Troops
    Originally published Nov 01, 2006
    "Bring 'em on."
    -President George Bush [source: CNN]
    "...weeks rather than months."
    -Vice President Dick Cheney [source: Washington Post]
    "My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators."
    "They want to get rid of Saddam Hussein, and they will welcome as liberators the United States when we come to do that."
    "The campaign will be unlike any we have ever seen in the history of warfare, with breathtaking precision, almost eye-watering speed, persistence, agility and lethality."
    -Vice Admiral Timothy Keating, commander of U.S. naval forces in the Gulf [source: Washington Post]
    "It could last, you know, six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."
    -Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld [source: Washington Post]
    "Support for Saddam, including within his military organization, will collapse at the first whiff of gunpowder."
    -Former Pentagon Chairman Richard Perle [source: Washington Post]
    "I don't know anyone who thought this would be a war without resistance."
    - Former Pentagon Chairman Richard Perle (after the war began) [source: Washington Post]
    "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."
    -President George Bush [source: Whitehouse.gov]
    "I have a special word for Secretary Rumsfeld, for General Franks, and for all the men and women who wear the uniform of the United States: America is grateful for a job well done."
    -President George Bush (being careful to use the troops as shields in this praise of Rumsfeld and Franks) [source: Whitehouse.gov]
    "It's very important for us to stay the course, and we will stay the course."
    -President George Bush [source: US Department of Defense]
    Posted at 09:16 AM | Permalink
    Comments on "Quotes Which Did Irreparable and Tangible Harm to Our Troops"
    I would LOVE to hear the "bring'em on" from Bush, when he stands in front of International War Crimes Tribunal. For that I am willing to pay premium price.
    Posted by: Malgoska; Pueblo, CO | Nov 1, 2006 9:55:54 AM
    I'm also looking forward to the trials of the accessories to this administration's crimes. Rush Limbaugh and all the other radio Nazis, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Bill O'reilly, CIA, NSA. Also, I'd open a cold case on the remaining mass murderers responsible for the Vietnam War. www.seeloosechange.com
    Posted by: William; Norfolk, VA | Nov 1, 2006 10:12:06 AM
    How about Tony Snow's quote that American troops killed in combat "are just numbers?" That's the worst of all.
    Posted by: Mojo in Seattle | Nov 1, 2006 10:26:26 AM
    Already the "Nazi" propagandists and ass-kissers of this administration are at work condemning (wrongly) Senator Kerry...I agree with Kerry...Bush should apologize to the troops and their families for getting into this war...recall WMD (none found); tie between Sadam and Al-Queda (wrong again) and other lies and misrepresentations ... Kerry does not need to apologize...it was a joke on Bush going south...Bush needs to apologize for all his misdeeds and mispeaks...How dare Bush DEMAND that Kerry apologize...Bush and his gang needs to apologize the American people and those US Troops in Iraq (over 2,800 have died for a lie!!)
    Posted by: jim sandrin | Nov 1, 2006 10:53:31 AM
    why doesn't some high profile candidate or god forbid a news person with a brain or guts or 1 that is not bought & paid for - point out these remarks from the white house -= printed here like bring e'm on - mission accomplished - they will welcome us w;open arms & flowers old dodge drafter crooked mouth cheney or missioni accomplished from the village idot & challenge them on the damge & ask them just how big of a tragedy & catastrophy they've caused to the average American, much less than the soldiers or the mom & dads & families of the deceased or at present national guard CPA's on the front line - my gawd - this adminstration has donw irreparable damage & set this country back 60 years & embarrassed me as an American - I'm embarrassed to admit it - sick, isn't it??
    Posted by: | Nov 1, 2006 11:08:16 AM
    >>How about Tony Snow's quote that American troops killed in
    >>combat "are just numbers?" That's the worst of all.
    That one certainly tops the current mal-administrator's "just a comma" remark.
    Yes, in the great scheme of things, IRAQ and all the american and IRAQI dead will look like a pile of numbers and commas.
    Thanks to the mal-admistration for putting these things into proper perspective.
    Posted by: Mark Richards | Nov 1, 2006 11:37:56 AM
    "After you get to Baghdad the war will be over and you troops can go home." That's what they told the invading Army.
    Posted by: colonist | Nov 1, 2006 11:49:44 AM
    This is another example of the differences between the liberal right (BuzzFlash) and the real left. Liberals are demanding an apology from Bush? Oooooooooo!!!!! Maybe you can get him to say a prayer for the soldiers too? That ought to show 'em how tough the liberals can be! Maybe the liberals should organize a one day boycot of Starbucks if Bush doesn't apologize by 2015.
    Posted by: Don | Nov 1, 2006 12:00:24 PM
    Kerry should have said Bush lied us into this quagmire, while on that radio show with the fake cowboy impersonater, ah the Imus guy that has himself made more gaffs as did Bush. Kerry should have said I never asked what Bush had attached to his back when we were debating, or how many times he used drugs and alcohol before he saw a vision somewhere in New Orleans. Kerry should have said I gave Bush the election and he wants me to apoligize.
    Posted by: | Nov 1, 2006 12:03:39 PM
    The "QUOTES" are great and show the idiotic BUSHIT that continues to be the sum and substance of MSM press, TV, and radio talk shows: all too very true!
    The fact remains that ALL OF THE BUSHIT CONTAINED in these "QUOTES" can never change the HISTORICAL FACT of the crass abuses of power that led this nation into AN ILLEGAL, IMMORAL, UNJUST WAR, not only against the Nations within Iraq, but against HUMANITY AS A WHOLE, complete with unconscionable miss treatment and TORTURE OF UNKNOWN NUMBERS OF INNOCENT NON-COMBATANTS, but in the use of illegal and inhumane WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION BY THE US ARMED SERVICES AND THEIR COALLITION PARTNERS!
    How dares GEORGE W. BUSH or any member of HIS administration quibble over the "moralities" of verbal insults and/or the supposedly "requisite" apologies thereto? Fie Upon them! It is time to drive them from power by voting to replace every possible REPUBLICAN IN CONGRES AND THE SENATE INCLUDING "KISSIN' Joe" LIEBERMAN!
    Posted by: oldgringo | Nov 1, 2006 12:17:30 PM
    Could you add the specific dates when each of the quote was uttered? And order them in a chronological way? And add a translation for each date into a "xyz days before the invasion of Iraq started" / "YYZ days after the invasion of Iraq started" ??
    Posted by: | Nov 1, 2006 1:38:15 PM
    And alphabetize them. We need alphabetical order. And animated GIFs. I like those.
    Posted by: Wayne | Nov 1, 2006 3:23:53 PM
    Kerry ab-libs part of his speech and flubs it up. I looked at the transcript of his speech at the Boston Globe newspaper. Copies were handed out to journalists. When I read the speech, I could see that Kerry was making a fool of Bush, but wait...
    Even without the original intent in Kerry's written speech, what he actually said was true. How many National Guardsmen made similar claims... things like... I joined the Natl' Guard to get an education and here I am in Iraq anyway. How many times did we hear comments from GI's in Iraq and their families like... well, I couldn't afford college, so I joined the service. I've heard distraught parents who lost a son or daughter in Iraq say... He/she couldn't afford college and couldn't find a job so he signed up and now he/she is dead.
    Yes, it is a fact that there are many military who signed up out of patriotism after 9/11 and bless them all, even great numbers who signed up out of desperation for a job or promised education.
    Even though Kerry's slam against Bush was bungled, what he actually said was true in my mind after listening to interviews with troops and their families for 3 years.
    Posted by: c. lindy | Nov 2, 2006 8:03:22 AM

eliminatedsprinter
    The comments sure were stupid.
    P.S. Many of the quotes were true.
    Ie our troops were treated as liberators. I've spoken to many Iraqi Freedom vets who talk about how they were greated by the people there with flowers, and food etc....

Knotbad
    The comments sure were stupid.
    P.S. Many of the quotes were true.
    Ie our troops were treated as liberators. I've spoken to many Iraqi Freedom vets who talk about how they were greated by the people there with flowers, and food etc....
    1. Funny, that's what we think about the comments of the conservatives.
    2. Of course they were true. You can see the results of those comments in Iraq today.
    3. Yeah we were liberators at first but then we turned into occupiers, shooting whole families at checkpoints, ransacking homes and raping and killing women. And don't tell me that hasn't happened because there are soldiers on trial on exactly those charges right now.

Old Texan
    2. Of course they were true. You can see the results of those comments in Iraq today.
    3. Yeah we were liberators at first but then we turned into occupiers, shooting whole families at checkpoints, ransacking homes and raping and killing women. And don't tell me that hasn't happened because there are soldiers on trial on exactly those charges right now.
    Knothead, you're "Rambling" like your liberal buddy Slick Boat Kerry.
    By the way say hello to "Lake Pirate"...........

SmokinLowriderSS
    Well, according to your buddy blown's logic, since you, nor he, were at those checkpoints, the deaths you speak of didn't happen.
    Have you seen physical evidence? or did you read about it somewhere? unless you where in the morgue you got nothin.

eliminatedsprinter
    Believing is seeing....
    That is why I like to listen to the many vets I meet who tell me what it's like over there.
    One thing I have found very interesting is having the oppertunity to talk to vets who have been to both Vietnam and Iraq. They say that the situation in Iraq has nothing in common with Vietnam, but the political situation over here is getting more and more like it was back then.

Old Texan
    Believing is seeing....
    That is why I like to listen to the many vets I meet who tell me what it's like over there.
    One thing I have found very interesting is having the oppertunity to talk to vets who have been to both Vietnam and Iraq. They say that the situation in Iraq has nothing in common with Vietnam, but the political situation over here is getting more and more like it was back then.
    Common thread is the "Coward who wanted to be President". He sold out his fellow soldiers 30 years ago and now he sells out our military from the Capitol. Skunks don't change their stripes and their smell never goes away.
    Curious how Knothead will defend the Coward's actions......?

IMPATIENT 1
    good to see so many other peeps also sharing my views of this government! kerry is a man's man, stood up and took responsibility for what he said and corrected himself. when's bush ever had a spine like that?i voted for kerry , and i hope to do so again.

Blown 472
    Common thread is the "Coward who wanted to be President". He sold out his fellow soldiers 30 years ago and now he sells out our military from the Capitol. Skunks don't change their stripes and their smell never goes away.
    Curious how Knothead will defend the Coward's actions......?
    How come his gurls haven't signed up for the miltary??

deltaAce
    Yeah we were liberators at first but then we turned into occupiers, shooting whole families at checkpoints, ransacking homes and raping and killing women. And don't tell me that hasn't happened because there are soldiers on trial on exactly those charges right now.
    ^^^Come on now! Is that really your view of what we are doing there?
    i voted for kerry , and i hope to do so again.
    ^^^Please get well soon!!!
    How come his gurls haven't signed up for the miltary??
    ^^^It's a volunteer service, they didn't volunteer! Maybe they're studying to find a cure for cancer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast