Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Knotbad
    We are not there to rob their oil, we are protecting the people, their region & their resources from terrorists, while they learn to govern & protect themselves. Are you not patriotic enough to believe in your own country's honest intentions?
    I have a bridge over Lake Havasu I want to sell you.

Blown 472
    We are not there to rob their oil, we are protecting the people, their region & their resources from terrorists, while they learn to govern & protect themselves. Are you not patriotic enough to believe in your own country's honest intentions?
    Just like the British did in the 1920's???

Steve 1
    And the "prize" is of course Iraq's oil, which bu$h wants. The first thing protected after we took Baghdad was Iraq's Oil Ministry buildings. Then Rumdummy sent troops to protect the oil ports. What he didn't(couldn't) protect were the pipelines, which the insurgents sabotage faster than we can rebuild.
    But that's ok because we're building 14 military bases in Iraq, some of which will be close to the oil ports. Allah forbid the Iraqis should have control of their own resources.
    Bullchit knothead where "Exactly" is Iraqs oil going now ???

Knotbad
    Bullchit knothead where "Exactly" is Iraqs oil going now ???
    If you know why not tell us? I know where Iraq's oil is NOT going; on the world markets where it could be sold to finance the war, which up to now has come out of OUR pockets.

Steve 1
    If you know why not tell us? I know where Iraq's oil is NOT going; on the world markets where it could be sold to finance the war, which up to now has come out of OUR pockets.
    Nice try azzhole since YOU are the "know it all" tell the forum this tidbit..
    Guys the less one of these brain dead liberal fucc's knows the more they run the mouth.

SmokinLowriderSS
    So, just where IS it going. They have been pumping 500,000 barrels per day most of the summer, where is it going? Being stored in one of Saddam's pools in an old palace?
    Oh, by the way .... in April, 2006, Iraq netted, ON THE WORLD MARKET, $3 BILLION in revenue from oil sales of aprox 250,000 barrels per day. Since it isn't on the "open market", who is buying it?

Knotbad
    I found this while trying to find links to your Iraq oil assertions. I never could find that, so here's this;
    Secret US plans for Iraq's oil
    By Greg Palast
    Reporting for Newsnight
    The Bush administration made plans for war and for Iraq's oil before the 9/11 attacks, sparking a policy battle between neo-cons and Big Oil, BBC's Newsnight has revealed.
    Falah Aljibury
    Iraqi-born Falah Aljibury says US Neo-Conservatives planned to force a coup d'etat in Iraq
    Two years ago today - when President George Bush announced US, British and Allied forces would begin to bomb Baghdad - protesters claimed the US had a secret plan for Iraq's oil once Saddam had been conquered.
    In fact there were two conflicting plans, setting off a hidden policy war between neo-conservatives at the Pentagon, on one side, versus a combination of "Big Oil" executives and US State Department "pragmatists".
    "Big Oil" appears to have won. The latest plan, obtained by Newsnight from the US State Department was, we learned, drafted with the help of American oil industry consultants.
    Insiders told Newsnight that planning began "within weeks" of Bush's first taking office in 2001, long before the September 11th attack on the US.
    We saw an increase in the bombing of oil facilities and pipelines [in Iraq] built on the premise that privatisation is coming
    Mr Falah Aljibury
    An Iraqi-born oil industry consultant, Falah Aljibury, says he took part in the secret meetings in California, Washington and the Middle East. He described a State Department plan for a forced coup d'etat.
    Mr Aljibury himself told Newsnight that he interviewed potential successors to Saddam Hussein on behalf of the Bush administration.
    Secret sell-off plan
    The industry-favoured plan was pushed aside by a secret plan, drafted just before the invasion in 2003, which called for the sell-off of all of Iraq's oil fields. The new plan was crafted by neo-conservatives intent on using Iraq's oil to destroy the Opec cartel through massive increases in production above Opec quotas.
    Phil Carroll, former CEO of Shell Oil USA
    Former Shell Oil USA chief stalled plans to privatise Iraq's oil industry
    The sell-off was given the green light in a secret meeting in London headed by Fadhil Chalabi shortly after the US entered Baghdad, according to Robert Ebel.
    Mr Ebel, a former Energy and CIA oil analyst, now a fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, told Newsnight he flew to the London meeting at the request of the State Department.
    Mr Aljibury, once Ronald Reagan's "back-channel" to Saddam, claims that plans to sell off Iraq's oil, pushed by the US-installed Governing Council in 2003, helped instigate the insurgency and attacks on US and British occupying forces.
    "Insurgents used this, saying, 'Look, you're losing your country, you're losing your resources to a bunch of wealthy billionaires who want to take you over and make your life miserable,'" said Mr Aljibury from his home near San Francisco.
    "We saw an increase in the bombing of oil facilities, pipelines, built on the premise that privatisation is coming."
    Privatisation blocked by industry
    Philip Carroll, the former CEO of Shell Oil USA who took control of Iraq's oil production for the US Government a month after the invasion, stalled the sell-off scheme.
    Mr Carroll told us he made it clear to Paul Bremer, the US occupation chief who arrived in Iraq in May 2003, that: "There was to be no privatisation of Iraqi oil resources or facilities while I was involved."
    Ms Amy Jaffe
    Amy Jaffee says oil companies fear a privatisation would exclude foreign firms
    Ariel Cohen, of the neo-conservative Heritage Foundation, told Newsnight that an opportunity had been missed to privatise Iraq's oil fields.
    He advocated the plan as a means to help the US defeat Opec, and said America should have gone ahead with what he called a "no-brainer" decision.
    Mr Carroll hit back, telling Newsnight, "I would agree with that statement. To privatize would be a no-brainer. It would only be thought about by someone with no brain."
    New plans, obtained from the State Department by Newsnight and Harper's Magazine under the US Freedom of Information Act, called for creation of a state-owned oil company favoured by the US oil industry. It was completed in January 2004 under the guidance of Amy Jaffe of the James Baker Institute in Texas.
    Formerly US Secretary of State, Baker is now an attorney representing Exxon-Mobil and the Saudi Arabian government.
    View segments of Iraq oil plans at www.GregPalast.com
    Questioned by Newsnight, Ms Jaffe said the oil industry prefers state control of Iraq's oil over a sell-off because it fears a repeat of Russia's energy privatisation. In the wake of the collapse of the Soviet Union, US oil companies were barred from bidding for the reserves.
    Ms Jaffe says US oil companies are not warm to any plan that would undermine Opec and the current high oil price: "I'm not sure that if I'm the chair of an American company, and you put me on a lie detector test, I would say high oil prices are bad for me or my company."
    The former Shell oil boss agrees. In Houston, he told Newsnight: "Many neo conservatives are people who have certain ideological beliefs about markets, about democracy, about this, that and the other. International oil companies, without exception, are very pragmatic commercial organizations. They don't have a theology."

Steve 1
    I found this while trying to find links to your Iraq oil assertions. I never could find that, so here's this;
    Secret US plans for Iraq's oil
    By Greg Palast
    Reporting for Newsnight
    The Bush administration made plans for war and for Iraq's oil before the 9/11 attacks, sparking a policy battle between neo-cons and Big Oil, BBC's Newsnight has revealed.
    Falah Aljibury
    Iraqi-born Falah Aljibury says US Neo-Conservatives planned to force a coup d'etat in Iraq
    Two years ago today - when President George Bush announced US, British and Allied forces would begin to bomb Baghdad - protesters claimed the US had a secret plan for Iraq's oil once Saddam had been conquered.
    In fact there were two conflicting plans, setting off a hidden policy war between neo-conservatives at the Pentagon, on one side, versus a combination of "Big Oil" executives and US State Department "pragmatists".
    "Big Oil" appears to have won. The latest plan, obtained by Newsnight from the US State Department was, we learned, drafted with the help of American oil industry consultants.
    Insiders told Newsnight that planning began "within weeks" of Bush's first taking office in 2001, long before the September 11th attack on the US.
    We saw an increase in the bombing of oil facilities and pipelines [in Iraq] built on the premise that privatisation is coming
    Mr Falah Aljibury
    An Iraqi-born oil industry consultant, Falah Aljibury, says he took part in the secret meetings in California, Washington and the Middle East. He described a State Department plan for a forced coup d'etat.
    Mr Aljibury himself told Newsnight that he interviewed potential successors to Saddam Hussein on behalf of the Bush administration.
    Secret sell-off plan
    The industry-favoured plan was pushed aside by a secret plan, drafted just before the invasion in 2003, which called for the sell-off of all of Iraq's oil fields. The new plan was crafted by neo-conservatives intent on using Iraq's oil to destroy the Opec cartel through massive increases in production above Opec quotas.
    Phil Carroll, former CEO of Shell Oil USA
    Former Shell Oil USA chief stalled plans to privatise Iraq's oil industry
    The sell-off was given the green light in a secret meeting in London headed by Fadhil Chalabi shortly after the US entered Baghdad, according to Robert Ebel.
    Mr Ebel, a former Energy and CIA oil analyst, now a fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, told Newsnight he flew to the London meeting at the request of the State Department.
    Mr Aljibury, once Ronald Reagan's "back-channel" to Saddam, claims that plans to sell off Iraq's oil, pushed by the US-installed Governing Council in 2003, helped instigate the insurgency and attacks on US and British occupying forces.
    "Insurgents used this, saying, 'Look, you're losing your country, you're losing your resources to a bunch of wealthy billionaires who want to take you over and make your life miserable,'" said Mr Aljibury from his home near San Francisco.
    "We saw an increase in the bombing of oil facilities, pipelines, built on the premise that privatisation is coming."
    Privatisation blocked by industry
    Philip Carroll, the former CEO of Shell Oil USA who took control of Iraq's oil production for the US Government a month after the invasion, stalled the sell-off scheme.
    Mr Carroll told us he made it clear to Paul Bremer, the US occupation chief who arrived in Iraq in May 2003, that: "There was to be no privatisation of Iraqi oil resources or facilities while I was involved."
    Ms Amy Jaffe
    Amy Jaffee says oil companies fear a privatisation would exclude foreign firms
    Ariel Cohen, of the neo-conservative Heritage Foundation, told Newsnight that an opportunity had been missed to privatise Iraq's oil fields.
    He advocated the plan as a means to help the US defeat Opec, and said America should have gone ahead with what he called a "no-brainer" decision.
    Mr Carroll hit back, telling Newsnight, "I would agree with that statement. To privatize would be a no-brainer. It would only be thought about by someone with no brain."
    New plans, obtained from the State Department by Newsnight and Harper's Magazine under the US Freedom of Information Act, called for creation of a state-owned oil company favoured by the US oil industry. It was completed in January 2004 under the guidance of Amy Jaffe of the James Baker Institute in Texas.
    Formerly US Secretary of State, Baker is now an attorney representing Exxon-Mobil and the Saudi Arabian government.
    View segments of Iraq oil plans at www.GregPalast.com
    Questioned by Newsnight, Ms Jaffe said the oil industry prefers state control of Iraq's oil over a sell-off because it fears a repeat of Russia's energy privatisation. In the wake of the collapse of the Soviet Union, US oil companies were barred from bidding for the reserves.
    Ms Jaffe says US oil companies are not warm to any plan that would undermine Opec and the current high oil price: "I'm not sure that if I'm the chair of an American company, and you put me on a lie detector test, I would say high oil prices are bad for me or my company."
    The former Shell oil boss agrees. In Houston, he told Newsnight: "Many neo conservatives are people who have certain ideological beliefs about markets, about democracy, about this, that and the other. International oil companies, without exception, are very pragmatic commercial organizations. They don't have a theology."
    Ha Ha H a Ha Ha What a Moron !!!!!!!!!!

Steve 1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast