Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jack plates

STV_Keith
    Here's a link you should check out Tom: http://www.bwbmag.com/output.cfm?id=943021
    I have a Detweiller plate on the STV. Works good, no probs. I think it's a little slow, but for small adjustments I guess it's better slow than super fast. The only think I don't like is the way the bottom of the plate sticks down below the part of the plate bolted to the transom when it's in the down position.
    http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/107m...s/DSCN4944.jpg
    I think I'll be going with Bob's Machine plates on the Scarab when I'm ready to do that one.

Towndrunk
    CMC still builds a good product. I have had one of their hydraulic jacks for more than 10 years on my tunnel without one problem. I have never tried one of their manual lifts though.
    Can someone post a picture of a rapid jack? Do they make hydraulic lifts as well or just manual?
    Damn dude, how can you keep the same boat for 10 years??
    I get bored with boats so fast I sold the one I am going to get next year already!!

Never Too Old
    I'd like to hear some thoughts on hydraulic jacks also. Any disadvantages to hyd vs manual? Opinions on which are the best hyd ?
    I'd like to be able to lower it to pull boarders and then back up for running around.

I ran Bob's for 2 decades on a twin and never had a problem.

NorwegianBoater
    I ran Bob's for 2 decades on a twin and never had a problem.
    Sorry Off Topic, but think your "homepage" is great!!!

NorwegianBoater
    Hi!
    I have a Powertran jackplate, its an improved version of the Land 'n Sea! Its really stiff, massive solid, dead easy construction and fast!! And the great thing about it is that its electrical mechanical! Just two wires connected to the battery and the usual swith thats it! And it is much more solid than everything else on the market, because its made of stainless steel, little heavy dough, but that just helped my bowlift:redface: At least I dont have to worry about it falling a apart i the rough stomrs on the Norwegian coast:redface: The reason I think for its so litte used and unknown is that its al little heavy and it cant hanlde the big V6, stops at 225! But if you change the engine you can carry a OMC V8 wtih out worries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123