Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a prop???

mickeyfinn
    Looking for a 11 x 15 prop 1" shaft for my Hondo. Anyone have anything laying around?

Hey Mick,
    I have something close to that...I will need to go check it out and get back to you??
    2 blade?
    LH rotation?
    ssmike

mickeyfinn
    This may sound stupid but I am not sure yet which rotation it needs. The old bronze or brass whatever it is prop is still on the boat. I have the drive pulled and am getting ready to sit the engine back in. I am going to change the gears and put in a new prop. Is LH pretty much standard for a v-drive?

GofastRacer
    Which way is your motor facing?, the prop turns the opposite direction of the motor!.

mickeyfinn:
    This may sound stupid but I am not sure yet which rotation it needs. The old bronze or brass whatever it is prop is still on the boat. I have the drive pulled and am getting ready to sit the engine back in. I am going to change the gears and put in a new prop. Is LH pretty much standard for a v-drive? What is your hull??? That will "jest" about tell us!!!

mickeyfinn
    It is a 1974 Hondo.

mickeyfinn:
    It is a 1974 Hondo. Hmmm, that's funny because Hondo is actually one of a few hulls that could be either LH or RH!!!
    Do you drive the motor off of the flywheel or the balancer side??
    I would bet that you drive off of the flywheel - that means you are "drag boat style" and need a LH rotation prop.

Thunderbutt
    mickeyfinn:
    This may sound stupid but I am not sure yet which rotation it needs. The old bronze or brass whatever it is prop is still on the boat. I have the drive pulled and am getting ready to sit the engine back in. I am going to change the gears and put in a new prop. Is LH pretty much standard for a v-drive? Look on the hub of the prop, some have it stamped left or right

mickeyfinn
    I do drive off of the flywheel.

VD CRUISER
    Driving off the flywheel will make it a left hand prop. I asked on your "lies" thread is this a day cruiser style hull? 11 inch diameter sounds sorta small, maybe 11 1/2 or 11 3/4. Do you want a 2 blade or 3 blade ? How much overdrive do you have ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast