Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a prop???

mickeyfinn
    Well I'm going by the info I got there. I looking for a set of 15's and I guess I just missed the 11.5 part. So let me change that to Does anyone have an 11.5 x 15 prop....Thanks for setting me straight. Oh it is not a daycruiser. It is a flattie with enough room for 2 seats and an engine.
    [ June 02, 2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: mickeyfinn ]

VD CRUISER
    Now I'm confused, on your "lies" thread you said your boat was 21er, but on your "interior" thread you say you want seats for a flattie. Do you have 2 Hondo's? The prop and gear requirements may be a little different for a flat bottom and a cruiser style hull. Just trying to get enough information to give a sensible recommendation.

mickeyfinn
    The registration says 21. When I bought the boat that is all I got was that and a bill of sale. Since someone in the other thread asked the question I measured it and it is closer to 18'. So here is what I think I have. An 18 foot Hondo flat. driven off of the flywheel. I'm installing a 402. Based on advice from the other thread I am looking for a set of 15 gears and an 11.5 x 15 prop. The number on the V-drive is 62500-2 if that is the number that matters.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ssmike:
    [QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by mickeyfinn:
    [qb] It is a 1974 Hondo. That's funny because Hondo is actually one of a few hulls that could be either LH or RH!!!
    Come on mike!! How many Rt. hand prop Hondos have you ran across (besides mine)!!! What are you smokin bro ???
    Is your boat for sale??? Love JG

mickeyfinn:
    The registration says 21. When I bought the boat that is all I got was that and a bill of sale. Since someone in the other thread asked the question I measured it and it is closer to 18'. So here is what I think I have. An 18 foot Hondo flat. driven off of the flywheel. I'm installing a 402. Based on advice from the other thread I am looking for a set of 15 gears and an 11.5 x 15 prop. The number on the V-drive is 62500-2 if that is the number that matters. The number on the v-drive [62500] does indeed mean something, it means you have a 12deg. gearbox and is important when you buy gears.

V-DRIVE VIDEO:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ssmike:
    [QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by mickeyfinn:
    [qb] It is a 1974 Hondo. That's funny because Hondo is actually one of a few hulls that could be either LH or RH!!!
    Come on mike!! How many Rt. hand prop Hondos have you ran across (besides mine)!!! What are you smokin bro ???
    Is your boat for sale??? Love JG You're right JG, but I couldn't resist......
    You are the only RH Hondo that I know.......
    Fixed the oil leak yesterday with the help of "team Alky Express"
    Test N Tune is set for Wednesday or Thurs...
    Then again Sunday

[b]
    Is your boat for sale??? Love JG That depends on who is asking and how thick their wallet is
    [ June 02, 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: ssmike ]

mickeyfinn:
    The registration says 21. When I bought the boat that is all I got was that and a bill of sale. Since someone in the other thread asked the question I measured it and it is closer to 18'. So here is what I think I have. An 18 foot Hondo flat. driven off of the flywheel. I'm installing a 402. Based on advice from the other thread I am looking for a set of 15 gears and an 11.5 x 15 prop. The number on the V-drive is 62500-2 if that is the number that matters. Micker -
    I think my LH prop is an 11 1/4 x 15.......
    Please let me know if you're interested

mickeyfinn
    Finally was able to look at the prop on the boat. It is a brass? or bronze? prop. The only number I can pick up is a 12. I assume that is the pitch. I am pretty sure no other number is there. How do I measure to get the prop diameter. It looks like it is probably smaller than 11" if I measure it. This boat would absolutely jump up on to plane before and would get to max rpm in no time. This time I would like some extra speed. The gearbox appears to be close to 15% based on rotating the input shaft and watching the output. Would a 12 pitch have given me MAJOR hole shot and seriously impaired top end?

Stab-n-Steer
    mickeyfinn:
    Would a 12 pitch have given me MAJOR hole shot and seriously impaired top end? Yes it would, but I doubt it's a 12 pitch. That's more for a tug boat than a v-drive The "12" is probably the original diameter of the prop. If it's a 2 blade just measure across the blades to determine the diameter. If it's a 3 blade measure from the center of the bore to the tip of any blade and multiply by 2... TO determine if it's left or right hand rotation just set it on a flat surface. Is the leading edge (lowest part of the blade) on the left or the right? If it's to the left it's left hand rotation... Simple.
    S&S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast