Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your take???

ratso

deltaAce
    He meerly sugested they get in better shape, they sound like sissies from this quote,
    "This letter shows the type of harassment and hostile work environment we have. The chief of police is constantly 'bad talking' us in every way possible and we have had enough of his arrogance,"
    I think it was wrong to fire him!
    "He offered tremendously good advice, yet he was sacked," wrote Thomas Roe Oldt, a columnist for The Ledger of Lakeland.

Tom Brown
    Some men in good physical condition who enjoy irony should go down to Winter Haven and kicked the police department's ass.

Devil's Advocate
    I think how and what he said in most professional organizations would be considered inappropriate. I don't agree with the manner he presented his "concerns" but I think it could have been addressed differently to avoid it being offensive, tackless and harrassing sounding. Don't know if it was grounds to can him though. I'm sure there must have been more reasons along the way.
    But they do need to ditch the doughnuts those fat asses. :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
    I don't agree with the manner he presented his "concerns" but I think it could have been addressed differently to avoid it being offensive, tackless and harrassing sounding.
    He should have sat his men down one at a time and said something like this,
    "You know I love you and I will always stay with you but I would like to discuss some concerns I have about your physical health and the way you take care of your body. I care deeply about you and wish you would respect your body by improving your nutrition and exercising. You don't seem as active as you used to be and I wonder if you're getting as much out of life as you could with a healthier lifestyle.
    I'll tell you what, let's join a gym. I'll pay for the memberships and we'll go together. After working out, we can walk a long the beach and talk. Maybe we'll get to know each other better. Maybe it will improve our relationship. It'll be just like old times.

Devil's Advocate
    "You know I love you and I will always stay with you but I would like to discuss some concerns I have about your physical health and the way you take care of your body. I care deeply about you and wish you would respect your body by improving your nutrition and exercising. You don't seem as active as you used to be and I wonder if you're getting as much out of life as you could with a healthier lifestyle.
    I'll tell you what, let's join a gym. I'll pay for the memberships and we'll go together. After working out, we can walk a long the beach and talk. Maybe we'll get to know each other better. Maybe it will improve our relationship. It'll be just like old times.
    Yeah, something like that, except maybe add something about taking a Sunday drive or just laying in bed snuggled up. I agree.
    smart ass. :crossx:

Moneypitt
    I'll bet they have a Gym on site. What a bunch of whinny bitches. The lawsuit will pay him for years to come. Somebody screwed the pooch, but it wasn't him.....What about the military when they threaten involuntary discharges to lifers that have gained weight? Haven't heard of any generals getting fired/re signing over that..............."Dare to keep cops off donuts".............MP

rrrr
    I think how and what he said in most professional organizations would be considered inappropriate. I don't agree with the manner he presented his "concerns" but I think it could have been addressed differently to avoid it being offensive, tackless and harrassing sounding. Don't know if it was grounds to can him though. I'm sure there must have been more reasons along the way.
    But they do need to ditch the doughnuts those fat asses. :jawdrop:
    A police department isn't like a corporate office. There is a command structure and since the cops are dealing with life and death situations, they need to be able to do their job.
    Nothing wrong with what the guy did...the PC nazis are out of control again. Fawkin pussies.

ratso
    ...that one just made my day Tom...lmao...
    ...but it's still early.

RitcheyRch
    Guess he didnt have any Diversity Training.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast