Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats my Miller JetBoat Worth?

n8dawg
    I may be selling this boat in the near future, but am not sure what to ask for it? I'll give you some details, for pictures you can click on the link below and check it out.
    1973 Miller Ski Jet - 19ft.
    The hull is in good condition, paint still looks very good with minor nicks and scratches, stringers are in great shape. Replaced the floor and built new seat frames with marine grade plywood and sealed them up with resin. New upholstery and carpet which came out looking really good. All the gauges work as well. The engine is a 425 Olds bored .040 to a 465, forged pistons with 9.8:1 compression. Has marine "k" heads, and tunnel ram with dual 450 holley's. Along with O.T bassetts. Has a Jacuzzi Wj with a brand new place diverter. Am not sure when the pump was rebuilt last but I've had the boat for 4 years now and it still doesn't miss a beat coming out of the hole! Trailer is in great shape with new bunk boards and tires and is painted to match the boat.
    We've boated everywhere with this boat from Nacimiento to the Delta to Lost Lake to Lake Mojave. It has NEVER left me stranded. Always a real strong running boat and with the exception of the river it holds its own anywhere else. Hey as long as it starts and throws a huge roost ....I'm happy!
    My best speed on the GPS is a recently reported 68.5mph! This boat has made a good starter boat for my fiance' and I. It really helped us get involved in the kick back boating life style we wanted.
    I want to know from you guys what this boat is worth. I already know that people aren't exactly rushing out to put a Olds/Jacuzzi set up in there boat, but it is a good looking boat, has alot of room for a jet boat and is real reliable. Boat is garage kept and a true turn key boat!
    If anybody you know is interested in this boat PM me.

El Prosecutor
    . . . My best speed on the GPS is a recently reported 68.5mph! . . . . I already know that people aren't exactly rushing out to put a Olds/Jacuzzi set up in there boat. . .
    I think if it GPS'd at 68.5 the Olds/Jacuzzi set up isn't really a problem :boxed:
    Great looking boat by the way.

n8dawg
    thanks

watergun4u
    nice looking boat to start, but i would say that you would be around the $6000, to $7000 dollar rang , thats based, on the info you gave, :220v:

OverKill
    $6000 to $7000 dollar range are your crazy?? It has an Olds maybe 4K to 5K. I ran my 468 Chevy loaded down with a f Cked pump and got 71.8. I am rebuilding the pump new carpet new floor new wireing new rail kit. All I could hope for is max 7K. Its a Chevy............

atxwrangler
    i say 5 grand,but i would never buy an olds/jaccuzi setup! :yuk:

Devilman
    nice looking boat to start, but i would say that you would be around the $6000, to $7000 dollar rang , thats based, on the info you gave, :220v:
    I'd agree with this, given the condition of the boat. I've seen several different pics of it in recent months & looks pretty damn good to me.
    Far as the Olds motors, they can run. Taylorman's Olds runs hard & has been reliable as far as I know. Guy down here with a heavy ass Avenger like mine is running a GPS'd 65mph with an Olds in it.... Jacuzzi pumps don't seem to be the most popular, but the guys I know that got 'em, their boats are gettin around just fine..... :rollside:

nice looking boat to start, but i would say that you would be around the $6000, to $7000 dollar range, thats based, on the info you gave, :220v:
    I'd agree with this too. Miller was a highly respected boat builder, his hulls
    were built much better than most. That to me is far more important (and impressive) than someone else's boat being able to run 3 or 4 miles an hour faster with a BBC/Berk rather than a Olds/Jacuzzi. Big deal. An experenced buyer will always by quality for his second or third boat purchace. That's the buyer you want to find.
    Price your boat a little higher, you can always come down, but now is not the time of the year to sell a boat for top dollar. It's the time of year to get a good deal on a boat. Wait till June or July if you can hang on to it that long.

I've seen it and it's a great lookin boat . I'll say it again though n8te. Rebuild your pump and you'll be surprised by what you were loosin . When I redid mine , I could definatlty feel the diffrence. Your pullin more RPM than me too.
    I'm just sayin.
    -beerjet-

Classic Daycruiser
    It'd be worth $5K more if you attended Arizona Antique and Classic Boat Regatta this year :idea:
    Nice boat.....$5-7K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast