Thread: vertex magneto

I know there was a couple threads on these things and people wanting them, i know nothing about them or if this is even a decent price, figured i would post it just in case..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ronco...QcategoryZ1070 70QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

GofastRacer
    If and I mean "IF" it's completely rebuilt and like new, it's not a bad deal but I wouldn't go much higher though!..

Shaun...
    if ur "really" interested in a Mag...talk to Impatient 1...he might still have the 1 he is thinking about selling! & might make u a good deal!
    fastrat

I just posted this for others, i remember a few said they where looking for them and i ran accross this last night. I went with the standard MSD setup for my build (pro-billet, 6AL, blaster2)

IMPATIENT 1
    [QUOTE=fastrat]Shaun...
    if ur "really" interested in a Mag...talk to Impatient 1...he might still have the 1 he is thinking about selling! & might make u a good deal!
    the blower guys talked me into runnin it on the tx-19's blown bbc, i ordered some solid core wires for it last week , expect those in mon. or tues..i would trade the comp. memory and recall monster tach(brand new mag tach,@200 bucks) and vertex mag and new wires(red) for a complete msd 6al ignition system(i'd like to rev limit)

GofastRacer
    If you're running blown alky the mag is the way to go!..

[QUOTE=fastrat]Shaun...
    the blower guys talked me into runnin it on the tx-19's blown bbc, i ordered some solid core wires for it last week , expect those in mon. or tues..i would trade the comp. memory and recall monster tach(brand new mag tach,@200 bucks) and vertex mag and new wires(red) for a complete msd 6al ignition system(i'd like to rev limit)
    Sounds like if you sold what you had you could get a MSD setup and probably some extra $$. I think i bought all my MSD stuff, including wires for $450-$500. The dist was used(mine is the marine version), box is new, just had to buy wires, rotor and cap. I also had to buy a new dist gear because i'm going roller.

fc-pilot
    [QUOTE=fastrat]Shaun...
    You can get a limiter for the Vertex. Just an idea.
    Paul

IMPATIENT 1
    You can get a limiter for the Vertex. Just an idea.
    Paul
    how much?? bet they're $$$$$$$does it just ground the mag at predetermined rpms??

fc-pilot
    I have to be honest, I don't know much about them. I have seen people in our association run them with sucsess. It is a little cheaper than changing complete ignition systems. If it is working well as it is right now it might be worth trying.
    Autometer (http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku)
    Paul