Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil Drain Cock ????

Dans66Stevens
    Ok how does it connect the to the pan? I only have the one drain hole. Tell me more...

Thunderbutt
    If your talking about a stock oil pan. Take it to a shop that makes oil pans and have the bottom hole pluged and add a hole with an An fitting on the front ( on a v-drive motor)at the vary bottom.

Dans66Stevens
    Thanks Thunder but im not having a bung welded in my chrome pan.....

Dans66Stevens
    Has anybody been reading what Im trying to find out????????? Has anyone ever used the little valve in Jegs or Summit that has a little handle you just turn to let out the OIL??? You just slide a hose on and it has a lock you just push it down and turn it. Holy Smokes Bat-Man. I wasn't looking for a away to weld something. I know I can do that......
    HELP!!!!!!!!

ratso
    Excuuuuuuuuuse us...Nope, haven't used it.

superdave013
    Originally posted by Dans66Stevens:
    Has anybody been reading what Im trying to find out????????? Has anyone ever used the little valve in Jegs or Summit that has a little handle you just turn to let out the OIL??? You just slide a hose on and it has a lock you just push it down and turn it. Holy Smokes Bat-Man. I wasn't looking for a away to weld something. I know I can do that......
    HELP!!!!!!!!
    Sorry Dan, I seemed to have gotten a thread off track again. My bad
    I never even seen that part. Could you post a link to it. I'ed like to check it out.
    The set up I'm talking about needs no welding. Threads right into the drain that is already in your pan.

Dans66Stevens
    Dave I now know what your talking about. I just got off the phone with a friend who just bought a new boat that has the thing you were talking about.
    The thing in Summitt is just a little valve with a lock. You just slide a hose on it and out runs the oil. I think it would be pretty cool. The only concern I had is if it was to open well running.... Big Mess and a junk motor.
    I just had a thought for a safety thing I could put a hose on it well not draining the oil with a plug.

schiada96
    Dan I haven't used what your talking about. The setup you need is Teague part number GLE1125 ez oil drain kit if your drain plug has 1/2-20 threads this kit will take a while to drain but who cares.
    With all the crap going on in a boat I don't want to take a chance on a spring loaded anything poping open.

Dans66Stevens
    Ok thanks ill check it out.

ratso
    Dans66Stevens: I got your e-mail and I understand your frustration, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers there. I'm usually open to other ideas and someone out there might actually have a better idea on what to use. Would you rather everybody just say "nope, hadn't tried it" and leave it at that, or at least listen to what people have to say? Sorry...ratso

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast