Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oil Drain Cock ????

Thunderbutt
    Hay Dan stick it in your oil pan Originally posted by Dans66Stevens:
    Has anybody been reading what Im trying to find out????????? Has anyone ever used the little valve in Jegs or Summit that has a little handle you just turn to let out the OIL??? You just slide a hose on and it has a lock you just push it down and turn it. Holy Smokes Bat-Man. I wasn't looking for a away to weld something. I know I can do that......
    HELP!!!!!!!!

BobMacD
    I use the little drain valve you are talking about. Yes I bought it from Summit. It works fine except the outlet hole is a little small so it takes a while to drain 10 qts of oil but really it is no problem. It has never leaked all the time I have used it.

ratso
    BobMacD: You should have been here about 20 replies ago!

Dans66Stevens
    Thanks to Bobmacd

Stab-n-Steer
    Superdave,
    It's a long one but here's the link to the valve Dan is discussing... http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...%3Dbykeyword%2 6Part%3Doil%20drain%26Search.x%3D1%26SearchType%3D Both
    Dan,
    Sorry for the late reply but I use the same valve and it works fine. As BobMacD said it takes a while to drain the oil. It's about a two beer job. Just to be safe I saftey wire the valve closed when I'm done...
    S&S

Dans66Stevens
    10-4 on the Safety wire. I don't care if it takes all day. It has to better than that drill pump I been screwing with.

69 Elim
    Dan - I know exactly what you mean by those little oil drain things. I have used 2 so far on my flatties - they are awesome!!! never leaked. I put a hose on it, and run the hose out the drain plug of the hull and into a bucket, then open the pep cock thing and watch it drain. so simple and no oil in the boat. it does take a little while, so go have lunch while you do it. I just put a new cam into my boat and I am gonna have to break it in and change the oil again. This is the only way to do it. It is well worth the $20 from Summit. I highly recommend it. I have tried that drill thing & suction things - nope - just wasted $ and time!

spectras only
    Dan ,the valve you're talking about does work,but over time it starts to leak a little.I would use the hose kit with the threaded plug at the end.I use a medic vacuum pump myself through the dipstick,takes about 15 minutes to get the oil out ,hot or cold.

Dans66Stevens
    I tried one of those junk drill pumps. I thought the drill was going to catch on FIRE before the oil was out.
    I did buy a cool little deal that looks like a grease gun but is just the sucker part. You pull the handle and it makes vacum and sucks the oil out. It works ok but is a little slow.
    I ordered the deal from summitt. It should work great. I will safety wire the arm and put a small hose on it with a plug in the end for extra safety.
    It should work like a charm!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123