Thread: konrad

first timer
    Need some information on konrad drives. I am thinking about putting them on a 38' v-bottom.

frogII
    hey first timer; contact Konrad Marine @ (800) 927-3545 ask for Pete Peterson I used to work with him at a local marina.

Boatlesss
    Ask the manufacturer for a speed comparison vs. a Bravo.
    I hear they are 10 mph slower than a Bravo

Quality Time
    There are many threads over on OSO about Konrads. Not sure about the speed differences, but if you are converting TRS's I've read they are great. Also, if you want to throw a lot of hp, they can hang too. Good luck with your conversion.

Ron Hill
    Tom Stolarz of WPM in Corona.....Maybe it isn't WPM....Tom started Warlock Boats, anyway, Tom did some work with Konrad and may be willing to share with you or anyone else, what he knows. Tom is a pretty "Up Front" guy with me, anyway...
    I do know from having TRS's on our 30 Foot Chris Cat, that we needed to cool the transmissions. As far as them being 10 MPH slower than a Bravo, someone would have to prove that to me, as they have the same "R" measurement (4 1/2 inches) as the Merc V-6 and Bravo.
    I do know that Greg Foster has an old Spectra, 32 or something, with TRS drives and we both about fell over laughing at how deep the TRS drivers were mounted....This boat is 20 years old and the cavitations plates were basically level with one of the strakes on the bottom.....Old school rigging)...
    And, it could be, the way the TRS in mounted on/in the boat, that you can't get the engine high enough, when you raise the "X" measurement....and as a result, they could be 10 MPH slower.....Our Cat was an old racer that Rudy Raymos owned (Coors Light Boat) and the "X" measurement was pretty high when we got it, in fact, we could only get it to plane with five bladers....
    If you can't find Tom Stolarz, try TAPSCO or TPSCO For Thoma P. Stolarz Company or e-mail me and I'll find his phone number... Ron Hill prop19@sbcglobal.net

BADBLOWN572
    If you can't find Tom Stolarz, try TAPSCO or TPSCO For Thoma P. Stolarz Company or e-mail me and I'll find his phone number... Ron Hill prop19@sbcglobal.net
    Or you can just go directly to their website @ WPM Racing (http://www.wpmracing.com)
    Tom has built some serious powered boats and used the Konrad drive on them. They seem to be holding up. As for speed, I don't have a clue how they run in comparison to another outdrive.