Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wont start

HYSTRUNG
    After a day of screwing around at Havasu we decided to head back to the hotel but boat wouldnÂ’t start. NO fuel pressure and NO spark. IÂ’ve got only 8 hours on the boat and I was kinda stumped cause it ran great all day. I have two questions: Has anyone else had a similar problem and what ended up being the problem. Im suspecting the kill switch. ItÂ’s in the shop right now but they told mw the turn around would be about 2 weeks

racingrascal
    What kind of boat and motor package?

HYSTRUNG
    2002 shockwave 350Mag Bravo 1.

bajaruner
    check your fuses and or curcuit breaker(s)

HYSTRUNG
    Did, there are 2 in line with the ignition and they were good. I also reset the breaker on the engine. Thats why I'm confused... The boat is awesome (when it runs, haha)

spectras only
    It could be as simple as the ign switch went kaput.If you have an electronic ign system [I guess all engines have it by 2002?]your problem could be the crankshaft sensor for timing.It's common problem on cars not to start when electrical connectors develop resistance due to humidity [slight corrosion],hence the low voltage signals to the computer is very sensitive .

Havasu Hangin'
    Hmmmm...could be electrical in nature. If it were me (and believe me, you don't want to be me), I would grab my volt meter, and work backward. Start with the ignition- did those fuses have 12 volts when the key is on? http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/foru...confused50.gif
    No fuel pressure, or no pressure reading on the gauge? http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/foru...confused43.gif
    http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/foru...es/happy25.gif

HYSTRUNG
    S.O. and HH, I bled the schrader valve on the injection rack while cranking it over and the gas should have poured out right? In addition, The first thing I did when I got home was put me multimeter in my boat tool bag. I dunno...

spectras only
    Yes ,if your fuelpump worked [you should be able to hear it run when you turn the ign on only],there should have been a pressure buildup [about 39 pounds].Go to your local speedshop where you can buy a fuel pressure tester for about $40, attach it to the schrader valve and observe the reading.

HYSTRUNG
    Great suggestion S.O., 39 psi would be typical for a SB V8.? BTW, when I cranked the ignition there was no noise from the pump. Hmmmmm...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast