Thread: Commander Boats

Community
    So has anyone been on the new 29? I am aware of how some of you feel about Commander so no need to go there. However, I would be interested in real world opinions from those who have been on one.
    Thanks.

4DAY4PLAY
    Ive been on thier 29, and was really impressed. I used to own a 24, and for the money, you cant beat a commander. People who have never owned one (and 1 guy who has) will be quick to judge, but IMO if your on a budget, there are just a few custom 29's out there for under 100k. This is one of them. You can pay 30k more for a cobra, ultra
    and shockwave, or 100k more for a DCB, and you will get a nicer boat.....but like i said if your on a budget and can ignore the bashing on these threads, you will have a good time on the water with that boat. The funny thing is these guys with these big $$$ boats have been trying to sell them for months, when i sold my commander in 2 weeks! There is one guy whos been trying to sell his 24' commander on her for like a year, but IMO hes about 5k overpriced.

Nord
    I know they have one at the dealer in Corona that has been there for a long time. Its white with blue tribal flames that go from front to back.

Biglue
    I know they have one at the dealer in Corona that has been there for a long time. Its white with blue tribal flames that go from front to back.
    A 29'r? I've seen a blue and green one right by the FWY that has no power in it. That's been there for a while.
    4DAY4PLAY, I have a Commander and it has been good to me as well. In all honesty I would buy another one. I am confident I can sell it for what I paid for it 2 years ago if not make a couple grand on it. There is several 26rs for sale and a couple of them are priced at 12k over what I paid for mine.
    USCFAN has a nice 29r with twins. I'm sure he may have some answers to your questions Community.

MRSDRMCAT
    We almost bought the 29' but went for the 28' cat. We love our boat and our experience has been great. No problems with the boat and have used the heck out of it for 2 seasons now.

Jyruiz
    I think Mel has one too, if I am not mistaking. My 26'r has been great, the family loves and I got a heck of a deal on it. No regrets here.

Biglue
    I think Mel has one too, if I am not mistaking. My 26'r has been great, the family loves and I got a heck of a deal on it. No regrets here.
    His is the 32 Signature.

Jyruiz
    His is the 32 Signature.
    Guess I was mistaking then.

Community
    Thanks for the input. I do like the price range better, but I think the Nordic Heat can be had for the same money. The 29, for a foot longer, seems like a much bigger boat and I want to be able to play in the ocean. As far as the ones off the freeway, I am not into the colors or graphics. I am into more basic layouts that are more timeless.
    Time will tell - I have some real estate I need to move first...