Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New to HB!

Dan Lorenze
    Welcome aboard........ Nice Kachina.....

kachinakid
    Welcome, nice looking boat.
    But I have to ask you why is your 30’ boat on a tandem axel trailer?
    My damn trailer isnt done yet so this is kachinas loaner...yes i know ugly as F$%k! I didnt know it took 6 weeks to build a trailer!!! Off the subject i went to the lake this past weekend and it was a lake day so i decided ok i will just stay the night on the boat and get up and get drunk all over again...when i FINALLY found a place to anchor down 10 spots later; i thought i was good because i wasnt drifting after 3 hrs, so after i passed out and woke up an hour later to rocks hitting the bottom, my damn battaries were complety dead... yes both!! So after calling security at the marina and them telling me 125.00 to jump me (f@#ckers) i decided against that and lucked out a when a guy was fishing on the shore and had cables and a couple fishermen stopped for me! finally got it going but the rest of the day sucked every 20 min the damns thing would die because of running the stereo...I made it thru the day but now i dont know if i should just buy a couple optimas or just try and re-charge both of them. SO needless to say im already getting annoyed with this ****ing Kachina. WELL thanks for listening to my Kachina rant. :cry:

Bradman
    Hey K-Kid. Buy one of these box anchors. This should stop you from drifting.
    http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...r-bagcombo.jpg

NOTALENT
    My damn trailer isnt done yet so this is kachinas loaner...yes i know ugly as F$%k! I didnt know it took 6 weeks to build a trailer!!! Off the subject i went to the lake this past weekend and it was a lake day so i decided ok i will just stay the night on the boat and get up and get drunk all over again...when i FINALLY found a place to anchor down 10 spots later; i thought i was good because i wasnt drifting after 3 hrs, so after i passed out and woke up an hour later to rocks hitting the bottom, my damn battaries were complety dead... yes both!! So after calling security at the marina and them telling me 125.00 to jump me (f@#ckers) i decided against that and lucked out a when a guy was fishing on the shore and had cables and a couple fishermen stopped for me! finally got it going but the rest of the day sucked every 20 min the damns thing would die because of running the stereo...I made it thru the day but now i dont know if i should just buy a couple optimas or just try and re-charge both of them. SO needless to say im already getting annoyed with this ****ing Kachina. WELL thanks for listening to my Kachina rant. :cry:
    Ahhhh fock bro...that sucks to hear....yup box anchor is your key and it would be wise to buy one of those portable/recharchable jumping machines...comes in handy....

Jetaholic
    On that truck I'd put the Air Lift Smart Air system on the rear...it's an air bag system that automatically keeps the truck level at all times. Noticed the truck saggin' with that huge boat on it.
    The Smart Air system is expensive but well worth it. I have it on my truck and it makes the truck handle a LOT better while under load like that.
    Or you could just have air bags installed and air them up yourself if you can't afford the actual auto level system.
    BTW...that looks like a red version of the Bat Boat LOL. Very nice BTW.

dicudmore
    Welcome, nice looking boat.
    But I have to ask you why is your 30’ boat on a tandem axel trailer?
    my 30' is on a tandem :wink:

dicudmore
    can you isolate the batteries with a Perko to keep from draining both of them??

Garrddogg
    can you isolate the batteries with a Perko to keep from draining both of them??
    Hey Bro welcome to the boards!!
    And about the batts, you should have two batts and under the rear seat on the right side is a perco switch (unless theyve changed it) for batt1,batt2 and both and off so when youre out like that isolate one or the other, Im on my second Kachina and Ive blown em up and broke em all different ways :cry: but I dont think Ive ever had a batt die on me!
    well good luck and welcome to the asylum!!
    Gary

No Name
    I knew it would be a good Kachina story on the trailer. lol :rollside:
    That’s sucks about the boat, at least it was just the bottom.
    Drop in three optima’s and that should do ya.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...87000_4044.JPG

Goad
    Yeah i was surprised too, but i liked the truck and then they told me 9500lb towing so i jumped on it....I had to get a trcuk when i got the boat becasue my grand cherokee wasnt going to cut it!! LMAO
    yup...i love my titan too :crossx:
    welcome to the madness.....now go read all 3,000+ posts of the 'sunk the boat' thread before you post asking for cliff notes

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast