Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best upgrade for the money on a 257 effex

dicudmore
    Nice whos your insurance agent? Jerrys kids??
    you should see the pics I sent them of the boat...very strategically taken...shows the sides nicely, but not so much the bottom, or the bow...and you really cant see the second blender in the pics :220v:

sigepmock
    dude you should be on Dustin's payroll
    Just trying to work on my "deal"...I still have a long way to go.... :cry:
    Nice boat Blender....congrats. I know John put the CMI headers on his 496 HO in the first Ultra 26 Deck of his and he had nice speed results but he said the install was a pain and he had to relocate a bunch of engine mounted stuff. He said it was a lot of work for not a ton of gain. I think you and I are in the same boat speed wise, only a big change like the Whipple is really going to get us any noticable speed increases. I can't tell the difference between 70 and 75mph accept for the speedo....so I'm saving for the big jump.
    Chris

Cole Trickle
    Leave it alone.
    The CMI headers are nice but expect to pay more than a 1,000 for every MPH.(I think you would be lucky to pick up 3mph for 5K)
    Raylar kits work for some people and others have problem$$. :cry:
    I wouldn't put FI on a HO if you want it to last.
    Stick a TPI 848 in there when you have enough $$ saved.

XtrmWakeborder
    Maybe BB572 will sell you his engine out of his 257. Thats a nice upgrade.....

phebus
    Save your money on upgrades, and spend it on fuel. Seat time is probably the best way to gain speed at first. Learn what trim the boat likes at different speeds and in different water conditions, and you will be faster, and happier in the long run.

i would do quite a bit of research before spending your dollars make sure it what you want to do and how you want to do it,been there done that.you could go with the whipple or pro charger,seen gains 10-15 mph been in boat kinda like yours with a procharger and it ran nice.the motor will then be suspect also the drive will come into play after 600 hp.save your money and build a nice unblown deal with what you got for about the same price and make about the same hp.can get a 700hp motor from reher morrison for about what a charger set up will run and have a nice motor sell your old motor to help pay for it.lots of options putting exhaust on a 496 to gain a mph if that waste of money imo.

Robbie Racer
    Save your money on upgrades, and spend it on fuel. Seat time is probably the best way to gain speed at first. Learn what trim the boat likes at different speeds and in different water conditions, and you will be faster, and happier in the long run.
    phebus is right on. I have the same hull and I can see a 9 mph difference between "good" and "not so good" water conditions with the same power set up.

MOBrien
    phebus is right on. I have the same hull and I can see a 9 mph difference between "good" and "not so good" water conditions with the same power set up.
    hahaha.....Keith, is there really a diff between 133 and 142? LoL :crossx:

acatitude
    hahaha.....Keith, is there really a diff between 133 and 142? LoL :crossx:
    lol thats for sure mo..... I agree with boatnam, enjoy your boat as is. if you want a go fast save your money and build a big motor, and get a bigger drive dont mess with your 496, its not worth the hp yu will gain, imo

Flying Sterling
    Dana Trim Tabs!!! Hands down after!! you spend a ton on gas and seat time.
    I can plane mine at about 18 mph!! YEP!! IT stays planed about 18 mph and I use them for brakes!! super cool thing to have! Did you pay close for that boat to what you wanted to pay for one?? Again Congratulations! When you taking it out?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast