Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best upgrade for the money on a 257 effex

blender over
    Dana Trim Tabs!!! Hands down after!! you spend a ton on gas and seat time.
    I can plane mine at about 18 mph!! YEP!! IT stays planed about 18 mph and I use them for brakes!! super cool thing to have! Did you pay close for that boat to what you wanted to pay for one?? Again Congratulations! When you taking it out?
    I got a great deal on the boat, i just keep looking i got the deal i wanted.
    I will be out at the christmas parade in havi.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Does the ECU need to be REprogrammed if you install Headers?
    The ECU seems to be handling the extra breathing room just fine without a reprogram. From past experiance, HO's run very rich from the factory, resulting in black transom. The CMI's leaned the motor out so not as much soot on the back. The headers will take a full day to install due to the need to relocate the shifter plate, the fuel pump, the remote oil filter, the power steering tank and the ecu. The result of the CMI install was more top speed (about 4 mph) much better midrange acceleration, better sound and they look good. If I can help you any questions, let me know
    John M

Mandelon
    You could try a different prop or get your labbed, it might gain you a mph or two. But if you wanted to go fast, why'd you buy that boat? Carreras are laid up heavy and solid. Passengers don't like it over 50 mph anyway.
    Spend your money on liquor and music!!!

BADBLOWN572
    But if you wanted to go fast, why'd you buy that boat? Carreras are laid up heavy and solid. Passengers don't like it over 50 mph anyway.
    Actually, the fastest single engine boat (of that size and type) that I know of is a Carrera. 140+ mph out of a standard layup boat that is an open bow and has a sound system that will rock pretty much anything out there.
    I know that Robbie Racer's boat does 130+ without a problem. Mine did 118 as an open bow. The hulls love 120+ mph. They really start coming alive at around 75-80mph.
    I know that there are other boats out there that will run faster with the same power, but as an overall go fast hotrod, I think that the Carreras are the way to go.

Havasu Carrera
    I talked to a guy last summer and he (stated) His father built his motor and he claimed a top end of like 140. Not to doubt or ?? BTW my jet boat ran hard but My Carrera hauls 5 times the weight and cargo and goes faster and its detuned! I know Jet boats suck.

abraman1326
    You could try a different prop or get your labbed, it might gain you a mph or two. But if you wanted to go fast, why'd you buy that boat? Carreras are laid up heavy and solid. Passengers don't like it over 50 mph anyway.
    No offense, but I've been a passanger in an efx 257 over 50 mph, and have been completely happy. Blew my mind how quick Robbie Racers runs. It's a mean machine. Carrera is a great manufacture, and I'd have nothing bad to say about them. Congrats on the purchase. If you need and advice, contact badblown 572, or robbieracer. They'll take care of you...
    BRA

blender over
    Your a typical hot boat asshole :hammerhea

blender over
    I talked to a guy last summer and he (stated) His father built his motor and he claimed a top end of like 140. Not to doubt or ?? BTW my jet boat ran hard but My Carrera hauls 5 times the weight and cargo and goes faster and its detuned! I know Jet boats suck.
    Are you refering to me?

Your a typical hot boat asshole :hammerhea
    each to his own if eveyone liked the same thing we all be buying
    DCB

ULTRA26 # 1
    So i just purchased my first I/O 02 257 carrera Effex.
    Went from 2 jetboats, then a 21ft tunnel whacker, now it's the carrera's turn.
    Stock 496 HO, Brovo XR drive, duel hydrolic steering spinning a lab 26 pitch ronn Hill 4 blade prop around 5000rpm's.
    Whats the best upgrade 4 the money motor wise to get a little more MPH out of the boat?
    Is there any?
    BTW can figure out how to attach photos correct
    I thought I should clarify my thoughts on CMI's. Yes they were a hassle to install. Yes they are pricey. The boat performs considerablly better from the time to plane to top speed and everything in between. If I had it to do over again, I would install CMI's. To me, the perforamnce gains are worth the price and hassle. Just my .02
    John M

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast