Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best upgrade for the money on a 257 effex

acatitude
    You could try a different prop or get your labbed, it might gain you a mph or two. But if you wanted to go fast, why'd you buy that boat? Carreras are laid up heavy and solid. Passengers don't like it over 50 mph anyway.
    Spend your money on liquor and music!!!
    guess this boy never been in or raced against robbie racers carrera. If so youd bow down and kiss the water he blew in your face. 137 at bridge to bridge last year and I believe 3rd overall against all the big twins, tells me thats one bad ass carrera pal. id know the ass end of his boat anywheres :cry:

Mandelon
    Those guys get all that speed out of a stock 496HO? NOT......Read the post to which I refer....that's what Blender stated he had.
    He doesn't have a big HP motor or a whole lot of $$$ to blow. If you put giant HP in a cat, then obviously it will run fast. No argument there.
    The Carrera I had was laid up heavy, really thick and solid especially the bottom. My point was that if he had X dollars to spend and all he wanted to do was go fast, then maybe that wasn't the right kind of boat, with that power. Kinda sucks to buy something and not be happy with it.
    I'm no Carrera hater. But Phuck you guys anyway.

phebus
    Spend your money on liquor and music!!!
    That is the path I went.
    I agree with Mandelon, the boat has the potential to go fast, but the way the boat is set up, if he wanted a go fast boat, he would have been better off buying something else, rather then starting over on the platform he has.

Kilrtoy
    each to his own if eveyone liked the same thing we all be buying
    DCB
    Gotta love it, No matter what the conversation is, the Worlds Best is always mentioned

rrrr
    Gotta love it, No matter what the conversation is, the Worlds Best is always mentioned
    I think kilrtoy does a daily forum search for "DCB"....... :crossx:

CornWater
    I think kilrtoy does a daily forum search for "DCB"....... :crossx:
    ctrl F ???

Mandelon
    That is the path I went.
    I agree with Mandelon, the boat has the potential to go fast, but the way the boat is set up, if he wanted a go fast boat, he would have been better off buying something else, rather then starting over on the platform he has.
    WooHoo, I knew someone else here had to have some sense. :rollside:

acatitude
    did someone say HOWARD :rollside: :rollside:

acatitude
    well mandelon your statement if you read it says why buy a carrera if you want to go fast. you make no mention of motor packages. It sounds like a slap on heavy laid up slow carreras. buy liquor instead?? mmmmm still sounds to me like a slap against carreras in general.
    thats what im refering to. no boats gonna go fast with a 496. :rollside: :rollside:

Mandelon
    I guess I should have been more specific. I don't think the 257 deck with a 496 is gonna blow the doors off of anybody. How's that?
    I don't doubt you guys have some Carreras that haul the mail. I read just this morning in an old issue of ***boat about a test 257 that was banging 100 with a Teague 800. No doubt that is fast.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast