Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best upgrade for the money on a 257 effex

phebus
    I guess I should have been more specific. I don't think the 257 deck with a 496 is gonna blow the doors off of anybody.
    You just burst my bubble :cry: .........................bastard

Gotta love it, No matter what the conversation is, the Worlds Best is always mentioned
    each to his own opinion

Kilrtoy
    each to his own opinion
    Dont get upset,
    We all cant be fat, stuck up and live in dream worlds :boxed:

Pussywhippled
    no boats gonna go fast with a 496. :rollside: :rollside:
    True...

blender over
    So i just purchased my first I/O 02 257 carrera Effex.
    Went from 2 jetboats, then a 21ft tunnel whacker, now it's the carrera's turn.
    Stock 496 HO, Brovo XR drive, duel hydrolic steering spinning a lab 26 pitch ronn Hill 4 blade prop around 5000rpm's.
    Whats the best upgrade 4 the money motor wise to get a little more MPH out of the boat?
    Is there any?
    BTW can figure out how to attach photos correct
    Im not looking to do 100mph with this motor boat combo, im looking 4 a little more mph out of the boat just like my first post says :boxed: so i believe i made the right boat choice considering i paied alot less then it blue books for .

blender over
    That is the path I went.
    I agree with Mandelon, the boat has the potential to go fast, but the way the boat is set up, if he wanted a go fast boat, he would have been better off buying something else, rather then starting over on the platform he has.
    Read my above post

ULTRA26 # 1
    Im not looking to do 100mph with this motor boat combo, im looking 4 a little more mph out of the boat just like my first post says :boxed: so i believe i made the right boat choice considering i paied alot less then it blue books for .
    I believe that CMI's and a true Merc labbed prop will give you 5 mph, easily.
    John M

James'SS-24
    What I did after I bought my HTM with the 496 was save my money for a couple of years and learned to drive a tunnel and then bought the whipple. Best money I ever spent! :boxed: Cleaned up the transon gained 20 mph and still runs like stock and so far has been reliable. It'll run mid 90's gps anytime on Pleasant! I'm by no means the fastest on the lake but I don't half be be either. I'm happy now that I can put away all those damn fishing boats!

ULTRA26 # 1
    What I did after I bought my HTM with the 496 was save my money for a couple of years and learned to drive a tunnel and then bought the whipple. Best money I ever spent! :boxed: Cleaned up the transon gained 20 mph and still runs like stock and so far has been reliable. It'll run mid 90's gps anytime on Pleasant! I'm by no means the fastest on the lake but I don't half be be either. I'm happy now that I can put away all those damn fishing boats!
    Just curious how long you've been running the Whipple? Sorry to go off topic
    John M

James'SS-24
    Just finished season #3 but I've only put just over 50 hours on it. The last couple of years I haven't used it very much. Since I moved down here to AZ I haven't found the time to go like I used to!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast