Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Pump Grease ?????

b's sanger
    What's the best grease to use in the pump? Or does it even matter?

El Prosecutor
    What's the best grease to use in the pump? Or does it even matter?
    I use Mobil One (red stuff) because it works well on everything on the boat, including the thrust bearing and wheel bearings.

I used the greae that HTP sent me with their rebuild kit...
    Also when i picked up my bowl from MPD after having it converted i saw a few sticks of the HTP lube also, not sure if jack uses it. :idea:

MudPumper
    I'll say this once so everybody pay attention. It is not important what color the grease is. What is important is, that it's a Lithium Based Extreme Pressure (EP)grease with good water resistance. Some good ones are:
    Sta Lube "Sta-Plex EP"
    Shell "Alvania #2"
    Valvoline "Val-Plex EP"
    Chevron "Black Pearl EP"
    Be aware that greases have different base materials, such as lithium, aluminum, sodium, barium, etc. Different bases are not compatible and lubrication failure may occur if you mix them. The base material is indicated on the grease conatainer. Read the label and don't mix!

67weimann
    I'll say this once so everybody pay attention.
    What was that. I didn't catch that...Please repeat... :crossx: lol

MikeF
    I'll say this once so everybody pay attention. It is not important what color the grease is. What is important is, that it's a Lithium Based Extreme Pressure (EP)grease with good water resistance. Some good ones are:
    Sta Lube "Sta-Plex EP"
    Shell "Alvania #2"
    Valvoline "Val-Plex EP"
    Chevron "Black Pearl EP"
    Be aware that greases have different base materials, such as lithium, aluminum, sodium, barium, etc. Different bases are not compatible and lubrication failure may occur if you mix them. The base material is indicated on the grease conatainer. Read the label and don't mix!
    Lithium....is the correct grease for the job!

Beer-30
    I use it for everything. Especially around the water stuff, as it is impervious. All of the brands are good, but pumps spin pretty fast and have a load. I would go with any synthetic you feel good with.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Sta Lube "Sta-Plex EP"
    Shell "Alvania #2"
    Valvoline "Val-Plex EP"
    Chevron "Black Pearl EP"
    Mike, dont forget the genuine mercruiser grease

Fire Water
    Mobilith AW2, High Pressure, Water Resistant, Lithium grease. Reommended by manufacturers. Sometimes hard to find.

olbiezer
    do u used the same shit in your wheel barrings?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast