Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: my 78 sanger

Dominator Scott
    overkill, yes I believe they are BB seats. been looking at alot of other sangers and other jet boats in general to see how they should look. I figure that one out later. Previous owner put those in there.
    The top is paint and gel and yes it looks better in the pic than it really is. A few chips and nicks. I have some friends that are excellent painters. I'll work a deal with them later...
    thanks again for the comments.....Eric
    Very nice platform to start from pal. I still owe you an email with pics and haven't forgotten about you. I have a TON of pics from my Sanger project so just give me an idea of what you want and I will send them to you. :rollside:

Dominator Scott
    E514jet,
    It's too bad your not here in Michigan. I would tell you to bring it over and we could back her in my garage and go to town on that thing. My dads Sanger is all but finished so I have nothing to do over the winter now.

DelawareDave
    E514jet,
    It's too bad your not here in Michigan. I would tell you to bring it over and we could back her in my garage and go to town on that thing. My dads Sanger is all but finished so I have nothing to do over the winter now.
    I have one I can ship up your way if you get bored, lol. :rollside:

Dominator Scott
    I have one I can ship up your way if you get bored, lol. :rollside:
    Ship it along with the $$$$$ you plan on spending and I will take care of it for you. :rollside: I was so pleased at how well my fathers turned out I wouldn't mind doing something like this on the side for a little extra coin.

LakesOnly
    E,
    I'd like to hear more about the 514 Ford you are building for this boat. What's the combo? Also, have you bored your block yet and if not, is it still std bore?
    LO

e514jet
    LO, pretty simple combo..Block is (69 i think)the good one with thick webs bored .080, 4.30 stroke cast crank, 6.700 eagle rods, JE dish pistons to keep the compression down, lunati 31605 cam (615/622 lift with 1.73 rockers 245/255@50) , Iron C8VE-E heads upgraded with the bigger valves with some porting and bowl blending, weiand port O sonic intake. Probably will run an 850 top. I would of ran probably the edelbrocks but, I'm running in brackish water. E

LakesOnly
    LO, pretty simple combo..Block is (69 i think)the good one with thick webs bored .080, 4.30 stroke cast crank, 6.700 eagle rods, JE dish pistons to keep the compression down, lunati 31605 cam (615/622 lift with 1.73 rockers 245/255@50) , Iron D8VE-E heads upgraded with the bigger valves with some porting and bowl blending, weiand port O sonic intake. Probably will run an 850 top. I would of ran probably the edelbrocks but, I'm running in brackish water. ESounds like a 533-inch motor, based on the .080 overbore and the 4.3 stroke crankshaft. Those are nice engines. Hopefully you meant C8VE-E heads and the "D8VE" was a typo (actually there are no D8VE heads).
    Sometime down the road, you may want to look into a carb and intake upgrade, in order to get a few more HP out of it, but overall the engine ought to run strong at 5K just as it is.
    LO

Mr. Crusader 83
    Jax FL huh??? i just moved to Tampa. when you get that beast done we will go fly around the lakes

e514jet
    LO,
    I have the next stroke down (4.25) I think to make it around a 514. I was mistaken on the stroke of the crank. Yes typo on the heads C8VE-E was right. thanks for correcting me... I'm hoping to have a torquemonster for not only hole shot but, for running on the big end to.
    LO, noticed you live in mountain view. I grew up in sunnyvale in my young kids days. lived there for about 9 years. Went to hollenbeck.
    A friend I work with has a very simular motor with ported edelbrock heads
    with the stock valve size with a victor intake in a Borum jet. He's running in
    the 80's with his and it hole shots hard. He has a reworked pump as well.
    He's on the site from time to time.
    Crusader, sounds good. I know several guys that go to spring glen and other
    lakes....
    E

BILLY.B
    Love these boats. Looks good. Nice project boat. Not to hijack this thread but if anyone is looking for one of these I have one that is in extremely extremely nice condition. 1980 sprint with less then 20hrs on the hull. My first complete paint job. I'll try and get v-drive video to post a pic.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast