Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: my 78 sanger

LakesOnly
    So Billy,
    Is your boat for sale WITH the Boss 9? Inquiring minds want to know.
    :idea: Also, if only the hull is for sale: :idea: One of my partners has an old top fuel rear engine dragster hanging overhead in his garage...until he finds time to bring it up to tech and run for giggles. You just can't help but look at it when you walk in...soooooo, WHY NOT hang your first paint job from the ceiling of your building? Hull upside down, showing off the work that has stood the test of time. :crossx:
    Hey E514, you probably have a 4.14 or 4.15 stroke crankshaft. That will be one hell of a jet boat motor with the C8VE heads. Good porting mandatory.
    LO

wsuwrhr
    I thought billy took the motor out and was selling without the motor.
    You got the second part dead on.
    Boat is still ready to go.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    As far as I know, it WOULD be, however he knows what he has, and it isn't a fire sale. For the right price the boat could go down the road as it is.
    This boat is too nice to hang from a ceiling. It needs to be wet.
    Brian
    So Billy,
    :idea: Also, if only the hull is for sale: :idea: One of my partners has an old top fuel rear engine dragster haning from his garge...until he finds time to bring up to tech and run for giggles. WHY NOT hang your first paint job from the ceiling of your building? Hull upsode down, shoing off the work that has stood the test of time. :crossx:
    Hey E514, you probably have a 4.14 or 4.15 stroke crankshaft. That will be one hell of a jet boat motor with the C8VE heads. Good porting mandatory.
    LO

BILLY.B
    So Billy,
    Boat is for sale minus engine. Engine already has a new ride it's going in. Boat is for sale for $8000 obo. Boat is a steal if you think about it. Buying a used jet hull that will need some glass work, paint work, upholstery, custom installation, (jet blueprinting, and bottom blueprinting) which was done by GS Marine would easily cost you double this amount. Don't be fooled by the age of this hull 1980. It has always been stored inside and the last time it was used was 18yrs ago. Except for a couple of chips on the cap and the trailer does need to be repainted (rock chips) if you want it cherry the boat is in perfect condition. The owner is willing to deal!!!.

e514jet
    Billy B, S Dominator, B sanger, what brand primer and paint did you use?
    which flows the best and leaves the best finish?
    thanks E

sanger mike
    e514. do you know what intake you have in your sanger ?. it should be like mine. if it is, now would be a good time to put a shoe and ride plate in it. it sounds like you are going to have some good HP and if you don't do this you are going to be very disaponited in your sanger on the top end. the problem is in the intake that sanger had made for the super jet. its good for 450 HP and about 65-70 MPH BUT AFTER THAT you will suffer severe cavitation. and no matter what you do the problem will be there. this would be the best bang for your dollar on that boat. talk to jack at MPD or duane at high tech and they can tell you more.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/115192.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/115195.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...115mcc_013.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...mp_mockup2.jpg

Dominator Scott
    My dads Sanger Super Jet has a ride plate on it but it's not as long as the one in the above pic. Would a longer ride plate help me in any way?
    What exactly is a shoe and what does it do? Are they difficult to install or just bolt on?
    Would a shoe help me with only a 350HP 460 motor?

e514jet
    Sanger mike, yes I have the same one in my boat. I've been working with pro
    boat in GA. I will ask about that. They did mention something about a the
    ride plate. I have a ski ride plate which is the shorty. Probably standard on most sangers.

Sanger Jet
    I have a 532BBF and a shoe'd and snooted/place diverted :220v: JG pump and I definetly need a longer ride plate boat is hard to keep safe :skull:

b's sanger
    Billy B, S Dominator, B sanger, what brand primer and paint did you use?
    which flows the best and leaves the best finish?
    thanks E
    Billy painted my ride. I have to defer to him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast